Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like my guy to run after me when he sees me. The closest thing I could find was the command "ai get entity state$" but I don't know how to tell it to do something once it's in that state.
(example: the state in which I want him to run after me is "Attack"
so what do I do..."if ai get entity state$=Attack"?)
I am also using physics so the ai engine cant just automatically do it.
HavokDelta6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2009 02:02
AI get entity can fire()

if thats one it has a fire, then get the target entity id, then use an array with an indecie (index, i just wanted to use that word) of ai id, against ob id, and work out what got hit. i'll post some CODEZ in the morning but i'm off to bed now

goodluck.
~Havok

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 17:17
Quote: "if thats one it has a fire, then get the target entity id, then use an array with an indecie (index, i just wanted to use that word) of ai id, against ob id, and work out what got hit. i'll post some CODEZ in the morning but i'm off to bed now "

That makes no sense. FPS N00b wants a character to chase him when it sees him!

For your enemy -

Ai get entity can see (the player)

if the player can be seen then
[get distance between player and entity]

if player is within attack distance then

AI entity move close [player]

- I don't use auto mode on dark AI anymore, so I'm a little rusty on the commands. In auto mode, if you tell the character to move to a destination their state will automatically become "moving"

you can then use the AI get entity state$ command to find out what state they're in and animated them accordingly.

I want robotic legs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:54:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:54:47