Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Kalimée 2010 - Back in programming

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 17:53
Thanx Jimpo

Just uploaded a little video update.. but as I used Fraps.. it's not quite smooth.. but it gives a little idea

Video

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 02:07
The animation looked very smooth. I think the Enhanced Animations plugin will fix the transition problem, if you're interested.

A mod accidentally your signature
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 10:42 Edited at: 18th Nov 2009 10:44

In game everything is fine ...
It's just the way I grabbed the Video (Fraps is quite "ressources-eating" then it slows down everything..)
But I got a new software for Hi-Res video capture which I will use in the next updates...

I have now a little issue with the water and I think it comes from the camera created for the bloom in the main menu..

In fact, once the player exits from the main menu and comes in the first level, if I go near the water, I can see the last image taken from the camera in the main menu reflecting in the water.
The thing I really don't understand is that I deleted every single camera created, I deleted the whole bunch of images used and all the parameters have been deleted. I also added a flush video memory... but I still see the picture of the bloom... quite strange... and don't exactly know how to solve it.

---------

Creating now a new "dialog" system with some windows.. and as I'm quite too much perfectionist (which is not really a good thing) I'm unable to continue on the coding because I'm spending the whole time in trying to get out a nice idea on having a good interactive window...
This is driving me crazy...

But I really think that for the end of the week I will have the windows ready and then I think that for the end of the month, the whole level 1 will be ready to be tested... at least I guess...

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2009 10:57
So.. Dialog design completed...
Need now the implementation.

Sorted out an image problem with the windows sprites...

AND FINALLY GOT THE WATER WORKING FINE!

... but now I lost the interaction with the 3d objects...

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2009 13:18
Wow! that picture above looks really awesome!, i like the fire effect and the good font ^^

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2009 13:11
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Saved the project... reopened again and................. Lost alph code on 2 files.......

Have no words... even the bak files are corrupted!!!!!!
Now I've to take back on my last backup... but lost at least 3 weeks of code!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2009 19:23

geeze, that suck man. I know how you feel. But three weeks.... I'm so sorry.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 02:34 Edited at: 5th Dec 2009 02:36
The old IDE is known to eat code. The new IDE or CodeSurge would be safer for future work.

Another thing you can look into is a simple source control system like Git or Subversion.

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 11:30
This is kind Laziness from my site...
Never had a look in the new IDE waiting for the next Update..
But now, before coding again, I'll use codesurge.. (which gave me some problems in Vista, but works great in Windows 7)..

Ah! Just have to kick my ass to open the project again. It makes me really angry!!

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 15:29
Finally sorted out a major issue with clickable objects which wasn't working.

Today I managed the display of the character box (for dialogs), clickable object added (which will be needed to change clothes),
added 4 items in the scene which is still not complete...
Added sounds and interaction with the main menu and sorted some other minoor issues..

Here some new screens.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 19:30 Edited at: 27th Dec 2009 19:34
looks like you might be having issues with the horizon; a lot of black spots in the water there and the island appears to be floating on air. otherwise, looking good.

have you tried implementing shadows yet? lightmapping? that would take this already-nice artwork to the next level

otherwise, congratz on the clickable object functionality; another victory for you

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenom™ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 12:41
Made huge progress on the level

Here the link of a movie where you will see the menu and part of the 1st level.
The lack of fluidity is due only to the huge AVI capture on whide screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1VXbBgDhfo

VIRTUAL: The island HAVE to float is intended like that. If you look at the big stones on water, they are also floating
For the shadows... hum.. not yet there don't yet know how to, but once everything is over it will be the last thing I'll handle.
Thanx for th comments and tips.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 19:53 Edited at: 30th Dec 2009 19:54
ah, i see. i knew the rocks, archways, etc, floated but since the bottom of the island is completely flat, i thought it was supposed to be in the water/on the horizon. if it had a "bottom", i think it would add to the floating aspect. ie:

anyway, you get the idea. just a thought.

and, the vid looks good and, so was the guitar. was that you playing, by chance?

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2009 17:28 Edited at: 31st Dec 2009 17:31
Hi.. This is exactly the scene I'd like to have.
The work on "building" the visual scene is still in progress this is the reason I put those simple mountains. just to see how it could be! But the pic you post above just gave me a great idea on a thing I was working.. THANX!

Honestly I never thought I could spend so much time on a single level... but I'm becoming every daay a bit more proud of it

P.S: Nope it's not me playing. I created the music with a software. The same used for the creation of the musics in the game (except 3 which have been done by some friends)

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 11:33
Some improvements on the landscape:

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 11:53
this just keeps getting better.

question, and sorry if it was asked before, but what are you using for the terrain? i had asked about lighting/shadows before and you said you weren't there yet. based on these new screenshots, i'd say they were very close to "complete" (the grass is bugging me but the tree & bamboo makes up for it ); all that's "missing" are the shadows.

thanks for the update; looking forward to more

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2010 10:56
Thanx Virtual for the feedback...

For the terrain I simply used the DarkBasic Terrain creation.
Then, as I'm not an expert with the terrain functions, I've to find a way to create shadows. I've my little idea, but as for the moment the World isn't finished yet (still working on Grass (), stones, buildings.. and other little things) and still working on the far see landscape such as the floating stones and so on... I guess that the shadows will be done at the end when everything will works perfectly..

I'm also still working on the interaction dialogs.. which is taking me a bit of time.. But as everyone knows.. if you manage well the functions at the beginning, once the first level will be complete, the next ones will be quite easier to handle and they will be created far faster than the first one. So, then, this is the reason i would like to have the first level as perfect as I can.

As you can see, I always take in count suggestions and tips.. and i'm really happy for that. it improves the quality of the game... then.. Thanx a lot for your comments.

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2010 13:44
So...
some months have passed... and hadn't the time to code the game... but those two last days, I made huge progresses on it.
In the next 2 weeks i will finalize the whole first level (which needs a bit more vegetation to grow on the island..)
So, if there are people that would like to have the possibility to test it (and naturally give me any kind of feedback) can contact me by E-mail. Once done, i will send to all of you the link for the download.
Some new pictures with the improvements should be posted in the next few days.

Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2010 20:46
This has a great aesthetic.

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 11:30
Before the pictures (and maybe a video) here some additional things added in the whole gameplay.

- Special effects for the HUD added
- Environemental sounds added
- action sounds added
- player inputs screens added
- Player dialog boxes added
- Clickable items added

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 20:56 Edited at: 18th Aug 2010 12:58
Well.. it's a while I haven't worked on Kalimée.. and those two last days I made some HUGE progress...
Sorted out some boring bugs on the Dialog boxes, player manual inputs, inventory etc..

Improved some graphics also, added the function to swap clothes (which gives some powerful and useful things.. such as speed up...)

So.. I created a little movi with all the changes, and the music you listen is the one used for the Level 1.

[href]Video[/href]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21rTAc2R6As

... and naturally... some pics...

... to be continued ...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:45:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:45:51