Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A Few Story Ideas Wanted

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 00:30
Ok so I am currently starting one of my first serious project with FPS Creator, and I have had a story written out before, checked over by my teacher and some of my best girlfriends, and have planned it out.
I am currently working on the second level of the game.
However, I would like a few ideas for a story that may be better than my own, with a few twists and surprises if possible.
My game takes place around the World War 2 era, my aim is going for an action horror game taking place during around the time of the second world war.
This game is mainly directed to horror, but it's quite hard thinking of a decent horror game in WW2.
So does anyone have a few ideas of a story?
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 00:36
The only WW2 horror games that I've seen have been supernaturally based. Perhaps go for more realistically based, rather than scifi-ish.
Give me a couple days (I have a 3-4 page paper for English due on Monday), and I'll come up with a story for you. It'll be good practice, because the paper I'm writing is the scariest moment in my life. The English class is Fear, Terror and Writing. I think a horror story would fit in well with that class, so I'll see what I can do, if you're up to waiting a couple days.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 00:43
Quote: "The only WW2 horror games that I've seen have been supernaturally based. Perhaps go for more realistically based, rather than scifi-ish.
Give me a couple days (I have a 3-4 page paper for English due on Monday), and I'll come up with a story for you. It'll be good practice, because the paper I'm writing is the scariest moment in my life. The English class is Fear, Terror and Writing. I think a horror story would fit in well with that class, so I'll see what I can do, if you're up to waiting a couple days."

Thanks buddy! Thats very much appreciated.
I was actually quite deeply inspired by the game Anderson and the Legacy of Cthulhu (which is made in FPS Creator). It remains faithful to the original short story, and I find it amazingly done.
The thing is, although I have read the original story and understood it, I'm not at all ready to create a game based on Cthulhu, so I decided to start off with just a WW2 horror game.
-Adrian

Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2009 20:02
A good bump, to make sure I don't miss out on all the good ideas out there.
-Adrian

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 00:47
ok, here's one. i just love writing stories:

*a-hem*

Year = 1939
Month = Unknown - winter
Day = Unknown
Location = somewhere in Russia

The stock was frozen solid, it was all he could do to keep the sights lined up, he was shivering so violently.
2 days he had been tracking them in the snow, 2 days he had followed the gesttapo convoy to here. and for what? there was nothing there save ice, and snow.
As he held his scoped kar98k up, he began to question himself as to what the hell he was doing out here, chasing this convoy for a "special" assignment. what was the point? they'd done nothing but move through the snow, day after day. And what had he done? tracked them with his gun and kept his pick-axe tucked safely away.
Now, suddenly, they stopped. he had to stop himself moving the sights to get a fix on them. they looked like they'd just stopped in the middle of the snow, but then he saw it. a latch, hidden beneath ice. they were going into some kind of bunker. here? they must be mad. never-the-less, he tucked away his rifle, got up, and made his way towards the hole they had just entered.

This was it.

The moment he had been waiting for for 3 days.

He took out his pick-axe, hacked open the lock and went inside.

well, that's about it. i can do more if you like it.

Can you solve the mystery of bunker 413?
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 00:50
Shadowfire, thats a very good story, but it doesn't exactly suit the style of what I have so far, but I'll keep it in mind, thanks!
-Adrian

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 00:53
well, i found it hard to think of a horror game plot line that suited your needs and was good for fpsc. i thought of a kind of game where there aren't any zombies or demons or taylor swift (sorry couldn't resist) or what not, and you have to use your pick-axe and sniper to survive. well, it's just a thought, it took me only about 5 minutes to write.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 00:57
Quote: "well, i found it hard to think of a horror game plot line that suited your needs and was good for fpsc. i thought of a kind of game where there aren't any zombies or demons or taylor swift"

LOL!
Well yeah, I'm trying to steer away from the traditional zombie/demon horror and instead take a twist to some supernatural suspense. That's why its kinda hard.
-Adrian

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 11:05
yeah, i' kinds stuck thinking of a horror game, unless you go for one that has normal people and suprises, but it makes you actually scared of the people, instead of monsters.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 18:05
Quote: "yeah, i' kinds stuck thinking of a horror game, unless you go for one that has normal people and suprises, but it makes you actually scared of the people, instead of monsters."

Well I kinda had in mind something like a Cthulhu based game, there's normal people, there's religion, there's monsters, there's scares, there's everything, but since I don't know enough about Cthulhu I decided not to make a game based on that.
-Adrian

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
How about this:

Story starts with the player and a few other allied soldiers on patrol in a forest or some similar location (exactly where doesn't matter too much). After a firefight with some nazis they encounter, the player uncovers an isolated bunker. Inside, there are dead nazis everywhere. A bomber en-route to another location is shot down and lands on the entrance of the bunker so the player needs to find another way out (doesn't have to be a bomber, could be anything, the point is that it blocks off the entrance).

From there, you can do whatever you want with the game; have the bunker overrun by mutated nazis, nazi zombies, nazi ghosts, nazi failed experiments, nazi aliens, nazi whatever. All the player has to do is explore and find a way out/destroy the bunker.
As far as twists and surprises go, you can keep the origins of the enemies secret until later on. Stuff like that. You want to keep the game relatively simple because it's easy to get too ambitious and want to make something that FPSC frankly can't handle.

Hope that helps!

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 21:30
Quote: "From there, you can do whatever you want with the game; have the bunker overrun by mutated nazis, nazi zombies, nazi ghosts, nazi failed experiments, nazi aliens, nazi whatever. All the player has to do is explore and find a way out/destroy the bunker.
As far as twists and surprises go, you can keep the origins of the enemies secret until later on. Stuff like that. You want to keep the game relatively simple because it's easy to get too ambitious and want to make something that FPSC frankly can't handle."

Hey, nice story!
However, uncovering a hidden bunker doesn't exactly seem the case with me. I'm not going for monsters, demons, gore, excessive blood, or anything of the such, but I'm instead attempting to keep the look of everything steady, instead of abandoned places and knocked over objects everywhere. I'm kinda going for a more supernaturally based - such as mutated soldiers, strange religions, beliefs, and such.
-Adrian

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2009 00:39
Alright. Now that you've got some sort of basis, if you want, I can flush it out with a complete story. Like I said, I'm still really swamped with real life stuff, but I should be able to work on it soon. Now that you've got some sort of starting point, you can start to make levels, and I can adapt a story to that. This is, of course, if you still want me to make you a story.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2009 01:24
Quote: "Alright. Now that you've got some sort of basis, if you want, I can flush it out with a complete story. Like I said, I'm still really swamped with real life stuff, but I should be able to work on it soon. Now that you've got some sort of starting point, you can start to make levels, and I can adapt a story to that. This is, of course, if you still want me to make you a story."

Of course I still want you to!
I have currently scrapped the levels because it's just so hard to make a game without a starting story. I'll wait for you , Gunn3r, and thanks
-Adrian

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 04:27
A bit of a bump, how's it going, Gunn3r?
-Adrian

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 04:47
Ya know, if its a ww2 game i have a buncha planes in my GCS my store account.
I'm working on a '109

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 04:51
Quote: "Ya know, if its a ww2 game i have a buncha planes in my GCS my store account."

Yeah, they look nice, I would think about it if they fit into the theme.
-Adrian

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 06:55
It's going pretty good, actually. I'll email it to you once it'-s finished.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 23:51
Quote: "It's going pretty good, actually. I'll email it to you once it'-s finished."

No problem, I must thank you a lot for your time and effort, feel free to use any of my e-mails.
-Adrian

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 22:57
How's it going Gunn3r? No rush, but you havent posted in ages, just wanted to know the progress, if you don't want to do it anymore, that's fine.
-Adrian

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 23:32
Here's my attempt:

After the destruction of the Nazi regime, poverty was rife in Germany. Death, a daily occurence, starvation, a fact of life. After the gap that the Nazi regime had filled in peoples life was utterly destroyed, people searched for a new leadership. A new heading on their life. Many turned to the occult, worshipping evil spirits, any way to find hope for their life.

After many years, a cult formed, the Serra des anderen Reichs, Seers of the Other Realms. They claimed to have contacted powerful ancient poltergeists, with the intent of using their powers to repair the broken Fatherland. The cult gained a huge following, so much so that it was considered necessary for the KGB to examine the possible threat of these Seers, and whether the spirits they worship are a tangible threat.

This is where you come in. It was three days since you were inserted into the desolate slums of East Berlin. Finding the cults base has been hard, but a tipoff points you to an abandoned museum, the supposed resting place where the Serra Stein resided, the conduit to the Poltergeist realm.

Violence isn't the answer, it's the question...
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 23:51
Tips

Add a ju87 stuka flying overhead.
For pure awesomness make a FW190-A-8 crash into it

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 00:19
CoffeeGrunt: That fits perfectly in what I had in mind. When Gunn3r comes up with his story I'll compare the two.
Well done, you're story is excellent!
-Adrian

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 00:24
Quote: "Add a ju87 stuka flying overhead.
For pure awesomness make a FW190-A-8 crash into it"

Dunno if that'd fit, remember, it's a city slum or outskirts. The battered and destroyed parts of Berlin. There'd be little to no military presence...

@Adriano

Thanks, I wanna have at look at Gunn3r's too. He'll probably trump me on the story though...

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 01:07
Coffegrunt: It was a joke.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 04:14 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2009 19:26
Edit: Nevermind.
-Adrian

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 06:59 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2009 07:58
The warm blood oozed over the damp concrete wall, and into the drain on the floor. This room seemed familiar. Shackled to the wall, Jack Fletcher slowly regained consciousness and became aware of his surroundings. A lone spider crawled over his arm, and into the blood soaked drain as Jack began to remember what had gotten him into this situation. What seemed like weeks ago, Jack was with his squad in the forests in the Rhön mountain range, searching for the bunker of the Ahnenerbe, the SS's paranormal division. A firefight had broken out between the squad and a small platoon of Nazi soldiers, and Jack took cover in a nearby concrete structure. As the firefight intensified, Jack went farther and farther into the structure. After making his way down several flights of stairs, the world around him went black. Everything faded away as if it was a dream. Hours later, he awoke in some sort of tiled room, shackled to the wall, and stripped of all of his weapons and gear. He felt the urge to get out of his prison and escape slowly elevating. As he picked his way free from his shackles, he took notice of his surroundings. Strange symbols covered the walls. Jack walked down the hallway slowly, cautiously, aware that any wrong move, no matter how small, could cause the whole place to go up in chaos.

I know it's not very good. WW2 really isn't my style. Neither is horror, to be honest. I liked the story I wrote for my class better. Sorry.
And here's a free soundtrack for you to use: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149454&b=24

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 13:14
Quote: "Coffegrunt: It was a joke."

D'oh!

@Gunn3r

Nice! I've lost then...

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 21:50
That's an excellent story Gunn3r!
However, CoffeGrunt seems to fit the theme better - but I thank you for your time!
-Adrian

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 22:42
Yay!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:29:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:29:01