Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / First DarkGDK program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all. I'm trying to create a cool flashy welcome message for my new site (under development .. alot). Where if you've seen the film the matrix, at the start, the code flashes everywhere and you zoom into the matrix text: 'The matrix'. Yeah I know that's too far fetched for my first dark gdk program! So what I really want to have is 3d objects to be zoomed in on.. basically. Now i've tried coding it.. and it's been behaving weirdly and I don't know where to start when debugging it.. :S. I'm doing this in c++ dark gdk btw. And ultimately I want to either directly capture the directx to an .avi then maybe to a .swf? Haha, who knows. It's probably way too far fetched. But hey it's all for the learning process

The way I tried coding it was having a 4x7 box for each letter, so for example the letter 'R' would be like:

Where 1s represent a block and 0's represent nothing. And where each 1 is, a small sphere was created and so I did this coding for each letter, and made a function to loop through and it didn't work at all.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me, even though they've had to read through my long winded, bad grammer'd explanation of my current situation..

Any help would be muchly appreciated!
Thank you!

rossbin.co.uk
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 01:36 Edited at: 25th Sep 2009 01:39
Try something similar to this:

Games are like life, they should never stand still.
Rossbin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for a reply (and so quikckly too!).

Isn't the first argument of dbMakeObjectSphere the uid?
I don't think i+c is a unique, perhaps if there was a seperate counter for the IDs. And how would you position the spheres afterwards?

Thanks

rossbin.co.uk
Rossbin
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, you changed the code for the SphereCnt id purpose
I would edit my post.. but I can't see it :S

Thank you
How would I go ahead and position it and the camera then?
(Sorry for being so noob xD)

I'm guessing that if we put this in a function then the positioning would be relative to which letter it is in the word?

rossbin.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:41:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:41:24