Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Media Encryption

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I was just thinking, can you put all your media files in 1 file ( like the .mpq files ) and then let your programm read them in a not to difficult way. It doesn't need to be highly encrypted or something, but just that all my houses are like located in 1 House.something???

Isocadia
randal
Years of Service
User Offline
use memblocks
Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
memblocks??? Could you explain a little more?? For how do i like do it, do i need to make a programm that converts them, or can i just use a converter etc. Cause I really don't have an idea on how to do this.

Isocadia
randal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2009 10:30 Edited at: 29th Sep 2009 10:32
you can write a program that loads all you media into seperate memblocks. Then you write all the memblocks to 1 file. The file will need some kind of structure so that when your game loads resources from the file it can determine what to load. XML would be a good structure to use for you file so that you can store extra info about the specific resource. eg:

<object1>
<name> "monster1" </name>
<mesh> "memblock of the mesh" </mesh>
<texture> "memblock of the texture" </texture>
<sound> "memblock of the sound effect" </sound>
</object1>
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Orrr..... Use MoleBox

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2009 18:40 Edited at: 29th Sep 2009 19:09
I think I understand, but how do I sorta put the .x data into the memblock?? And is it possible to have the same structure as XML, but just give it another extension??

And already thanks

Isocadia
randal
Years of Service
User Offline
You can structure the file anyway you like, with any extension.
There are many memblock functions in dgdk. check the documentation for more info.

also memblock discussions on this forum:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=157339&b=22
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=136909&b=22
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 11:56
if you are interesting for an external solution take a look at model box pro

http://www.molebox.com/
Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
@randal: So what you are saying is that I write a programm, and then use commands dbMakeMemblockFromMesh to make a memblock containing player.x. But when I look at the documentation, it says int memblocknumber ( does this mean I need to make a blaco memblock first? ) and int MeshNumber ( does this mean I need to use dbLoadObject first and use that id number?? ).

And srry for me having alot of questions about this. I'm just trying to understand how to make my own .iso files which contain all my images and sounds and moddels etc.

Isocadia
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 02:03
I can't help much here but i'm favoriteing this with the hopes you question gets answered, would save me the effort to ask it myself later on XD.

EYE R T3H +ick +ack +oe mester
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 06:38
If you arent worried about encryption, GDK has some commands that take advantage of I think its windows built in file compression, to store directories and files as a "pak" file.

The commands I think you might want to have a look at are called :

GDK has a bunch of inbuilt file handling commands, most of them are just wrappers around the windows functionality, but if you arent familiar with these operations in native windows, the GDK commands will make it easy to get an idea of how it is all working.

But, like I said, the drawback is that there would be no encryption that you could call secure. So the above methods would be more for tidy organisation of files rather than keeping people from prying into them.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I'm gonna try your way. And I don't really care for encryption, since there will be only like 5 people that are using this, I just want to organize it.

Isocadia
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2009 00:54
Not the best way to do it. If you want organization, jeez. That's why folders were made.

Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah, but its not like they will do some effort to get files out of the pack files, but I don't want the files to be out in the open. So this sorta makes it hard enough for them to not want to try and take them out and its easy for me to make them and organize them.

Isocadia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:24:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:24:26