Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Using DarkMatter models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Pardon my ignorance, because I'm sure somebody's asked about this before, but I couldn't find an answer soon enough. I took the tutorial on 3D Objects and tried importing a DarkMatter model, but it doesn't seem to work. All I did was to replace ColonelX.x with H-GI-Static.x:

I get a blue background, but no model appears. There are only .x files and a single .dds file. Ideas, anyone?

"I've contracted cancer! AAAHH!!"
"I'm getting eating by wild dogs! NOOO!"
[both "CURSE YOU, PRINCE OF DEATH!"
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2009 20:43
are you sure that the model is in the right folder?
are you sure that you typed the name right?

if so, i dont know then.

SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2009 21:59
i noticed that 1.) you loop the object and set the speed before the game loop begins and 2.) I have the same problem with some of them so it may have something to do with the position the object so try to move your object or move your camera around to find it
PrinceofDeath
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting thoughts. I definitely moved the right files to the right folder, so that's out. I also copied and pasted the filename from Windows Explorer. I guess I'll have to try moving the camera around, though I tried pulling it back a bit already.

"I've contracted cancer! AAAHH!!"
"I'm getting eating by wild dogs! NOOO!"
[both "CURSE YOU, PRINCE OF DEATH!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:35:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:35:52