Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Civil War Stuff?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im working on some educational stuff for kids and teachers. I made a Nazi Death camp tour. But now I want to make a civil war tour for kids and teachers. Let me explain the idea and maybe someone will help free i hope lol

I think it would be really cool for kids to be able to take a VR tour of a civil war battle ground. I think it would make learning more exciting. An teachers can use it on a projector for student in a classroom.

So far Ive had great reviews about the Nazi death camp. I think it helps children under stand how destructive the war was and how racest it became. Anyway heres what I need if anyone wants to help.

Flags
Chars North and South
Musketloader
Cannon
Horse

I think thats about it. I can use model packs I have for rest. An if your a teacher and would like to request a VR tour. Just let me know what time period. I can make on for you and your class to enjoy.

An those wanting to tour the current camp.Just visit our web site. The tour is free to dowload. I have not put audio in yet sorry. I still have research to do so I get everything right.
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 01:10 Edited at: 27th Sep 2009 20:23
Good luck if you go through with this.

BTW out of curiosity who gave you reviews for the concentration camp?

dark peanut

Check out my Ultimate Competition Entry here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153854&b=25 Ultimatum: The Final Deadline

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 02:03 Edited at: 27th Sep 2009 02:05
Quote: "Not to be rude but the reality is most likely no teachers would ever use this stuff...
"

Well, I know there is a non-violent educational version of FPSC, so I know that teachers DO use it, because I've done some work for TGC for it.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 02:11
Quote: "Just visit our web site. "

May I ask what your web-site is? I'm interested.

-----------------------------------------------
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 20:21 Edited at: 27th Sep 2009 20:22
Sorry, my post probably was a bit rude and I should have been more concise. Coming from someone in school I know that most of my teachers would not be able to fit a virtual reality tour into the class unless its already part of the schedule/curriculum. If they did it would probably be with something professional made by professionals so your work, old_school, would have to be many many steps up from the quality of your concentration camp tour(from what I could see of the screenies). Sorry again, I don't want to start a flame war those are just my thoughts.

dark peanut

Check out my Ultimate Competition Entry here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153854&b=25 Ultimatum: The Final Deadline

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
None taking. Anyway, yes I agree its missing audio right now. But I talked to a few my old teachers from school and some my old college proffessors. They thought it was a great tour. Because it allowed them to walk the students through the camp on there projector. An it is a non violent in the sense the enitys dont have any weapons nor do they fight you.

But the hardest part about making the camp was research. OMG so much research for tiny things. I had extremely old pics I looked at first for the layout of the camp. Then I talked to people who had toured the real thing. So from there it drew a good pic of what the layout was or looked like.

Now the hard part was finding enitys for the ovens etc. There is not alot of enitys gore package. So I had to kinda just stack the bodies so to speak. An hide them with fire. So it would appear as alot of people were burning.

Now in real life ovens. The doors were not vents nor were you able to see into them. This was added so you could accualy see the bodies and create the setting for a horriable place. The next part was recreating the Gas chamber its self. The real Gas chamber had two parts. It had a changeing room aka strip down room. Then they would "herd" them like cattle into the chamber. An tell them its shower time.

Now there was no shower head enity so I had to once again inprivise. An the blood on the walls respesnts alot of things. Sometimes they used gas that would eat your flesh off your body. Thus blood smears on wall. Also it would be pure chaos in the chamber. Lots of pushing and scratching to attempt to escape. Thus blood on walls from fingers.

the final peice was the living quaters. It was very hard to depic such a small living area when fps gives huge segments compared to what they lived in. So by crunching the bunks togethier which in the real camp they were crunched as well. It created the idea it was crampped inside. The Dead bodies on the beds respresent the people who died from dieases or beatings.

An the guard towers well we know what guard towers were for. An the fence in real life would of been eletrofied. Now the one element missing is a trench. I was unable to find out the layout wise of the trench its self. Or its purpose. So I left it out.

Anyway, this map gives a realistic look at a camp. An it allows the teacher to interact with the map. So the students get a better feel of how the camp worked. Most teachers spend alot of time on ww2 because theres so much going on during and after the war. This is just another tool to explain the war in detail.

It can be found at ultimaonlineknights.no-ip.org Once again its free to Dl and its primarly for educational purpose. Rather you look at it from a histroy sense or look at it to learn about FPS.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:21:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:21:49