Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkPhysics Installation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2009 00:38 Edited at: 29th Sep 2009 04:06
Does anyone have a link to a comprehensive DarkPhysics installation guide that includes troubleshooting issues?

I have been trying to get it working for hours now and the only thing the programs have done with consistency is freeze up and crash my computer.

I've tried programs made with the darkPhysics addon and they've worked perfectly and I installed the program the way its been laid out in the instructions. Then I went through and manually transferred files all over because nothing ended up where it was supposed to. Now I am trying to run the sample programs, which aren't linked to the shortcuts on the start menu by the way ( and according to the search function don't actually exist as executables ). First off, they end up with a missing dll error, so I manually copied all four dlls into the individual sub-project folder ( and is there a reason the programs won't run in release mode? ). Now when I run they programs and they start, everything is either white, or or a single color wich I don't think is supposed to happen since there is a big media folder in the samples directory. In addition, they stop running after a few seconds.

DarkLights and DarkAI installed perfectly the first time, so I don't know why there is so much of an issue, but it's become extremely irritating that I can't find an installation guide without having to sift through hundreds of other people's questions
and trying to guesstimate at what I should be doing to fix this.

Edit: Alright, so I thought darkLights and DarkAI had installed correctly because the examples ran, but when I try to run a program using either of them I get a string of linker errors:

I would really appreciate some help seeing as the installation help base for darkGDK is small and I just spent a bunch of money on addons I can't get to work despite a ridiculous amount of time and effort reading obscure forum messages that in the end have gotten me nowhere.

luke810
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 20:31
*BUMP*

Still looking for help on this. I have emailed TGC but haven't got an answer yet and I really want to get these working.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:29:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:29:52