Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Grouping objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
HI,

I am new to GDK so any help is very much appreciated.

I will make an 3D card game, so I need 3D Card models (boxes) with different textures on sides. I have read in another thread that it can be done with making 6 planes and then gluing them together (with limbs). I made that and it works.

Is there a way to group this 6 objects into a group so it can be referenced with something like an group number? Or somehow make just 1 object out of the 6 ones ?

Also, is there a better way to make 3D cards (without using 3D modeler) ?

Thnx!
luke810
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 06:59
You can add 5 of the planes to one plane as limbs, which can be textured seperately from the main object, and then the card object can be referenced using just 1 number.

Habanero
Years of Service
User Offline
Thnx for your answer. I did what you said and it works.

What I would like is to somehow make 1 object out of the 6 planes (like you would with the dbMakeObjectBox), so if I e.g. clone it, the whole object is cloned (not only 1 plane), when I use dbPickObject it would detect the whole object etc. If that is not possible I will always have to got trough a loop for all planes.

Hope that makes sense.
luke810
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 05:13
You could create the individual polygons by creating a memblock and then manually inputting the data for the object, but that would probably be a hassle. It would be easier to use a simple 3D modeling program to create the model and then generate a uv map that is setup specifically for your textures;

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:39:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:39:04