Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Urban Terrain and Painting The terrain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How to paint over an specific area of the terrain, let's say that I would like to draw specific traffic lines on the terrain how can I paint them once the terrain is created.

If you could not follow what I am saying is simple, how can I create a urban street terrain without the need of creating a picture because in that way it will not be accurate.

Thanks in advance
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 17:51
You can use shaders. The easiest way would be to use some form of alpha blend map, and get your shader to assign you road or whatever textures based on your blend map. It would work in a similar manner to normal terrain texture blending/splatting, except you would be blending in the roads/traffic lines instead of blending grass/rock.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 20:05
I thought making a road requied a cooy of the same terrain all except the road portain and one that is just the road itself. Then just offset the road from the terrain to make it look as if you painted a road there.

Go through yourself at a wall.
tmd13
Years of Service
User Offline
3D point in space how can I do that?
Can you please give me an example.

Thanks
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 15:34 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2009 15:41
use 3d studio that is what I use. ok This is what I do in 3d studio. YOu make the terrain. then you make the cube. then bend the cube so it looks like a path. then have an interception funtion in 3d studio do the work, but in order to do this you need 3d studio which you can get a 30 day trial if you want, Too get the full version it cost 3.5 thousand which I would call an investment. I would also buy paint shop pro the new version that you can point 3d objects which is another 1 thousand. I know that sounds like a lot of money, but what else are you going to do with it.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 16:16 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2009 17:19
repost

tmd13
Years of Service
User Offline
3d point in space I was thinking of creatng small objects that will look lik a terrain like flat cubes really thin so it can look like a terrain. But the problem is that I do not know how to paint all the right traffic signals on it. There are textures that I can use to make it have 2 to 4 lanes in the street but what If I want to paint something else how can I do it?

I do have all those softwares I just need to know how to use them the way I want to.

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:40:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:40:51