Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hai @ all,
this is my alternative DB Editor, here some pics.

He show jpg,gif and bmp in the thumbnail and play wav and mp3 files.

Whats your opinion?
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 05:23
man, pls tell me this stuff ain't shareware. i'm so used to the visual basic interface, using it to program in dark basic would be so sweeeet. That's one heck of an idea of yours, where can we download it from? is there be an english version?
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 16:01
Very good, but it's not exactly "Visual"?

I love Star Trek.
Especially the Episodes with Starships in.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 16:30
no, it's not but it looks sweet. And it's got a media loader which DBP is sorely lacking...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 19:35
pitty... was hopeing this was ironhoof with that he's finished a new version of VDB (k-frames or whatever lol)

a good few new IDEs i notice recently - i wonder why this always happens when i start a project, suddenly 50more come outta the wood work
oh well looks nice ... but we'll have to wait an see about functionability.
I think you'll DEFINATLY have to add MDI if you hope for it to be well picked up though. Oh and there a chance you could change the name please, I REALLY don't want Ironhoof changing the name of his program again ... plus his is actually a Visual Basic Style program, so it makes more sense

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 16:56
"i wonder why this always happens when i start a project, suddenly 50more come outta the wood work"

Happens to me all the time.

I create a motorbiking game, another popus up

I create a level editor, another or so pop up

At least particle editors are my speciality!

I love Star Trek.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 17:01
hehee... i'm thinking perhaps i shouldn't make project public until i've finished them somedays, becuase its not until i start showing screenshots that everyone jumps in - and as i don't exactly work at the speed of light when programming normally i'm beaten to the punch of getting things out ho hum

GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 18:26
Nice Shots. How long before its avaliable for download? Will you be charging for it or offering it for nothing?

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 18:58
David- You'll be happy to know I'm making a particle maker as well! Except that mine don't use DB's particles at all

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 21:35
Yes, delighted. Or not.

It's good DBPS 1 got a great reception, maybe it was because DBP had not been out for a week when I released a finished DBP program, or maybe because it was just so dark good

I got comments from Mike and Rick, so it was worth it, and now I'm starting on V2 with a great UI among other things.

Now, back on topic-

I like the idea of the media loader, and is that a Visual C++ logfo I see?

I love Star Trek.
xyz44
Years of Service
User Offline
At first, thanks for those answers

@hexgear thats freeware, or would you pay for this program ?

@David89, thats a project name, but i would know what the editor needs to be 'Visual'?

And yes thats the VisualC++ logo, because i hadn´t find someone who makes me a logo and few buttons

And about an english version, i hope that i can upload one in the next 2 weeks, but my english isn´t great so i must wait for my Colleague DG that he translate the program into english, at this place some regards to DG

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 02:29
for this to be visual you'd required to add Visual Menu and Standard Resource Creation - that was the whole point in VisualC++ being called such, becuase alot of the more annoying tasks for creating applications had had templates and a Visual Base for creating them.
Until you decide to add Visual Menus - gotta say that really someone else beat you to the name, so hopefully it'll get changed.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 02:48
i'm curious, but why is there a loading bar?
just wondering because for DB language i've not found a way to know how much of the code the actual compiler has processed - there are only 2 loading bars i have for the whole thing ... one for C compiling (which there is more useful build information down the bottom) and for editing the Editors Code for DB use. I'm probably missing something, but even the most complex resources suchas GLM Files don't take long enough to warrent a loading bar!

ironhoof
Years of Service
User Offline
I wanna finish the visual gui editor Raven, I was waiting to see if you was finished with the text device control for the frames yet, I thought.. i could be wrog but i thought you was workng on that.. if i was no mistaken..

-----\
There was a man on the stairs that wasn't there.
He wasn't there agian today I think he's from the CIA.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 19:30
No I am... kinda hard to keep the speed up whilst checking for syntax
been trying a few ways for the character buffer to compensate - guess i could send you what i have but as i've been workin more and more on Ciyanna & gameSpace not really a great deal there

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 19:13
"@David89, thats a project name, but i would know what the editor needs to be 'Visual'? "

Usually a Visual editor allows to to draw out the form on screen and add the code in later. I think there's a form desiner in VC++, and for a good example look atVisual Basic.

I love Star Trek.
ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 22:47
"perhaps i shouldn't make project public until i've finished them somedays, becuase its not until i start showing screenshots that everyone jumps in"

right, veg...you were the first to create a third party editor, sure, sure.

1st time, shame on me. 2nd time, shame on you. if you have sooooo many project that are getting ripped off, when will you learn? certainly this doesn't reflect on your coding ability, so what's the deal?

as for the post, this looks to be a good start. one of the things that i would like to see is the ability to add plugins that could use an exposed API...one with events, one that could access the direct buffer for the code, could iterate through a list of functions, etc. it would also be able to create a tool window that the editor was aware of (ie. docking). if you've ever written addins for VB you'll know what i mean.

cheers

-= i only do what my rice krispies tell me to do =-
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 00:27
hehee yeah shame on us
It not really the case of being the first, but i mean if i started Ciyanna when CodeKeeper came out or DarkEdit - the really i'd be the copycat here right?
But the base for it was FMTau coders didn't like to cross-platform, so Ciyanna is being developed to mean we can all code in one language and compile it in another if we choose to, not an easi undertaking - and I'm only working on the simple version, VisualDeveloper is working on the Professional Edition (which is kinda worring i've not heard anything from him on it in a while)

I think XYZ's Editor has potential especially amongst those who want an IDE which can also play and show Media to be used, however as i've noted without MDI support ... it isn't very likely to do well because too many versions (if possible) of the program open get confusing.

*Note to CDonCD... i know you'll probably check this thread so rather than email, as your the only External Beta tester Ciyanna will be up in around 48hours in the Beta Forum so hope you have a little project you'd like ot try out. Oh and the Alpha will include gameSpace Plug which really is only a test for editing resources but i'm sure you'll find it useful too.
A final note, i'm going to be making no more notes on the program or showing screenshots outside of FMTau, however you will be allowed to show screenies - post thoughts and whatever on it over all the forums you use
Supported Languages: DarkBasic 1.13, VRML, DHTML

xyz44
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is another picture of the Editor, it shows the Command Info. It lista some of the DB Commands in a TreeCtrl.

PS I will rename the editor the next time.

xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 20:28
Looks good. Is this for DB, DBPro or both?
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 20:18
Now that project info panel is great! Well done!

I love Star Trek.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:54:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:54:13