Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Viewing Release Builds on other machines

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Everyone,

I am doing some work with DarkGDK for my portfolio. I have created to two versions, one for source code download and one for a release build.

I just wondered if there were any specific files required on a machine for these release builds to run?

Kind regards

David
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 03:51
Yes, usually d3dx9_35.dll in my experience, you may however, want to run it on a machine that doesnt have directx installed, running it on another machine will tell you exactly which one you need. It will be something like "missing file d3dx9_XX.dll" where XX is the number you will need. Google the file and download it to zip it up with your release.

EYE R T3H +ick +ack +oe mester
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 13:30 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2009 13:31
You don't need to Google, since the file is already installed on your computer if you are able to develop Dark GDK applications. The appropriate DLLs are located somewhere in the "redistributable" directory of the SDK.

However, read the DirectX license first to make sure what you can and cannot distribute. IanM has said in another thread that distributing just one DLL, without the whole runtime package, is illegal:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=155671&b=22

Also, on some machines you may need to install the Visual Studio runtime files as well. If the release does not start on the other machine and, instead of missing the DLL, it says things like "application error", "invalid Windows application" or "manifest error", installing the Visual Studio files can help. You can find these packages on the MSDN site, but search for the correct version (VS 2005 or 2008, with or without service pack).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:37:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:37:01