Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Graphics Quality In General

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 02:00
Hi! I've been wondering for a while, and finally got around to asking, how to make a Dark GDK look "professional". Everything I've tried to make with DarkGDK seems to be dark so how do you make a game as vibrant as this:
http://zombiedriver.com/images/screenshots/Screenshot_20090930_09.JPG
Is there some general shaders that are used in most professional games that gives it that crisp quality or does it have to do with the graphics engine itself?

P.S. I'm not talking about the shadows in the game that makes it look good but the general brightness.

Games are like life, they should never stand still.
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 03:45 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2009 03:49
Use lighting commands, look in DarkSDKLight.h, if you installed in the default location it should be something like c://programfiles/the game creators/include/DarkSDKLight.h

also, check in DarkSDKDisplay.h, it has commands that allow you to manipulate the settings on the monitors, I didnt check but i can only assume contrast and gamma are incorporated as well.

Check in c://program files/the game creators/documentation/DarkGDK.chm , for in-depth information about any of the commands you have questions about.

EYE R T3H +ick +ack +oe mester
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 03:59
All the small details put together add up to make a big difference, there is alot of detail in that screen-shot and as the poster above says, lighting plays a massive part.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:26:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:26:14