Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Animate Sprites Without holding a key

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay so i have a sprite sheet with over 200 sprites, on that sheet there is a series of sprites to perform a slash animation, the problem is: i do not know how to perform all those animations when a button is pressed such a 'return'.

Here is a segment of my code:

In the "for loop" i was attempting to play all my sprites related to my slash animation but it seems like the "for loop" is ignored because once i release the 'return' key the animation stops.

Any help would be appreciated.
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
I havent tested this, but it gives off the general idea.

chikarazuyoi
Years of Service
User Offline
I sawwhat you were tying to do and modified it but it did nothing, hers my new code:

the only thing this does thos is "dbSetSpriteFrame ( hero, 22 );
" and completely ignored the while loop
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
What if you try this? (I can't test it without actually creating an animated sprite.)

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a little more developed version. The problem with the previous one is that the program won't do anything else until the animation is finished. It's better to set a flag and check every loop if the animation is still playing.

Does any of these work for you?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:41:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:41:35