Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Reading from the serial port

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know how to communicate with the serial/com ports using the Dark SDK.

I wrote a simple Win32 console application in Visual C++ using this wrapper and finally got it to work.

BUT...the moment I included the "Serial.h" to my Dark SDK application it no longer compiles. I get this errer message:

Quote: "Serial.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReport referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall CSerial::~CSerial(void)" (??1CSerial@@UAE@XZ)
Serial.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: virtual long __thiscall CSerial:pen(char const *,unsigned long,unsigned long,bool)" (?Open@CSerial@@UAEJPBDKK_N@Z)
Debug\Oscilloscope.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals"

SO...does anyone know what went wrong here? Or does anyone know of a way to access the serial ports that works with Dark GDK?
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 07:26
Try compiling in Release mode.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 20:55
or you could try to do /MT compile rather than /MTd