Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / To interested modders - RE jumping ravine (100 units)

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2009 18:20
After playing around with it for a while I came up with this code addition so that the player can jump over a 100 unit ravine. Attached is an fpm to experiment with. I had adjusted it so that the player may not be able to jump it by walking and then jumping. He will have to run and then jump in order to get across.

NOTE: this assumes that the basespeed is initially set to Lee's original basespeed. If you have set the basespeed higher then you may have to adjust the multipliers. Speaking of which I really have tested the effects of adjusting each individual value of

jumpmotionz#=tmotionz# * 1.5
jumpmotionx#=tmotionx# * 1.5
camforcey#=playerdefaultjumpheight * 1.5

to a different multiplier.

If you add this and use the attached fpm, then start out by walking towards the ravine. Once you get to the edge, press the jump key. If you fail, try running to the edge and then press the jump key. For me, walking will fail most of the time but running will not.

Hope some might find this useful.

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:29:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:29:59