Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Do fpsc not support ati cards for normal maps or specs?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 5th Oct 2009 23:29
So I have done it all, named all the .dds maps right, added detail to bolth the normal map and spec maps. then i exported the modle out from 3ds max to an .x file, then i made a simple shader to the modle.still, no matter how many times i try ohhh try my normal map will not take effect. ive even tryed to change things around in my graphics card tools. nothing i do will ever make my modle bump in fpsc. is this due to the fact that fpsc has no ati support? or am i wrong. I have a x10 card.

DSW
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2009 23:32
Nothing to do with nvidea or ati , in a matter of fact , ati are better as they have the only dx11 card atm.

I reccomend you update your drivers to the latest and also try installing dx9 aswell , dont wry , it wont overwright dx10

Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 5th Oct 2009 23:34
ill give it a try and let you know, thanks

DSW
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 5th Oct 2009 23:59 Edited at: 6th Oct 2009 00:01
this did nothing, still no normal mapping. this is so stupid, Im pretty shure fpsc does not normal map with ati cards. here is what I mean in the picture here.

here is how he should look

this is how he looks in fpsc

DSW
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 00:19
FPSC is picky about how the shaders should be set up. You're better off using a stock shader or one of CoZ's shaders for this.

The one and only,

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 01:13 Edited at: 6th Oct 2009 01:14
im convinced, my graphics card will not bump map in fpsc.this is with all the effect files, none of them will support a normal map for any modle. not even cozs shader files. this is something that really should be adressed with the game creators becouse if mine dont bump then around 20,0000 others wont ethier. so when i build a game only people that have cards that fpsc does support for normal maps will acully see a bump. I wont chance making a game when only certin cards support the product. or at least come tell me what cards are supported so i can buy one and also adress the buyers of my games.

DSW
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 01:56
see, this is in fps x 10 and he looks like he should, he bumps and all his detail come out perfectly, but in x9 it will not, so this tells me it is the product.

DSW
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 03:25
It's not an ATi incompatability. I have an ATi card that works just fine.

All I can say is that you must have messed up the setup somewhere along the line.

The one and only,

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 03:46
well then it must be my grapgics card tyep then, whay really dont make sence becouse it bumps in everything but fpsc creater.

here are my specs.

ati redeon hd 3200 graphics

DSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 05:53
ATi or w.e dropped Shader Model 3.0 Support for DX9...But Works Fine For DX10(+)...If you play The RE5 Benchmark and hit the 3rd Level Test...The Water says it all...Also bond1 talked About this before....MP22 dont look right with ATi Cards so He Gave a Fix for it which made them looked Nice...but they looked better on my Nvidia cards....Either Way I May Be Wrong....But Thats How it's been for my old ATi Card...I Have no Idea Way...or Maybe you really did do something wrong???

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, MSI P7N SLI-FI Motherboard - nForce 750i SLI
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 07:42
ATi dropped support for SM3.0?? Wow, that's news to me and completely goes against the results I've received from shaders that I've made that utilize SM3.0! They work fine.... in fact, they work just as well as they do on my other computer with an nVidia card.

The ONLY ATi vs. nVidia thing I've actually seen that is fact is that nVidia and ATi supported two different version of SM2.0, which subsequently were called SM2.0a and SM2.0b

I don't know the whole story but that's all I've ever heard on the topic.

The one and only,

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 15:04
Hey Daniel wright 2311 I have the same graphics card in my laptop and shaders work just fine.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 17:48 Edited at: 6th Oct 2009 18:19
@djmaster , hey how are you doing, any way if you have the same card i do then how come I can not bump map in fpsc, but i can in x10. see this Is not the modle or me or any thing else. the modle file is the same as the one in x10 then in fpsc, so is the efect shader. so is the set up, I can even bump map in 3ds max with direct x 9 shaders,in dark basic profeshinal,and many other programs bump just fine, but not fpsc on my card, this is why I say its the programe. but if you say you have the same card i say we dont.

DSW
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 23:43
well , acturly , x9 doesnt have very good shaders , can you send me your model so I can take a image in x10 cause I have ATI ?

Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 00:14
Daniel, let's not get our knickers in a twist, ok?

First thing you need to realize is that FPSC was written with DBP, so if you get the shader working with DBP, you can't very well blame it on FPSC.

I told you before that FPSC X9 uses shaders a tad differently than x10, and while EVERYONE ELSE has been getting this to work just fine and you have not, the only thing I can surmise happening is that you set it up incorrectly. I'm not attacking you here, btw, I'm just making an observation.

The one and only,

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 05:48
i understand Plystire , im not trying to blame it on FPSC. nothing bumps for me in fpsc,nothing.not even the stock media.

DSW
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 18:35
I heard my name mentioned??

CoZ

-Demon Sun: Lead Developer-
Dead Man's Cradle: Lead Developer
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 19:21
We were talking about you, not to you. Get on with your knitting!

Nice to see you alive on teh fourms.

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemies
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 22:01
On a side note, slide the shader my way, and Ill sort the problems out.

CoZ

-Demon Sun: Lead Developer-
Dead Man's Cradle: Lead Developer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:30:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:30:51