Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can you use model packs in DBP?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 16:23
Say I bought this model pack: http://www.fpscreator.com/pack9.html

Can you use these models in DBP? Like, do they come in .x or .dbo format with textures?

Afrokid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 16:42
yes they do come in .x with textures so i guess they can be used in DBP.

~Afrokid
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 17:58
Thanks, your a star. Anyone got a second opinion just to be double sure?

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 18:17
you can use any .x file in dbp, i do, you can even use the animations to that modle also given you know the fram numbers. you just have to know how to use the modle, like your wanting guns. you will have to know how to script them into your game.

DSW
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 18:23
Yep, know how to use .X models. Just need to be sure these model packs are in .X format and I can't be arsed emailing TGC cause they take ages and I imagine they have enough questions to answer.

Right cheers boys I'll be buying a model pack later on then to finish off my DBP game!

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 18:24
The FPSC setup files are really straightforward, so you'll easily get the frame numbers you should use. Just have a root around, each weapon probably has it's own folder, and inside you should get a model file that has arms as well - plus a standalone gun for collecting.

Let me know if you have trouble getting them in the right position and rotating ala FPS shooters, been messing with this stuff recently so it's fresh in my head.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 21:02
Thanks Van B, will do!

trogdor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 21:44
I was just doing that yesterday

My FPSC models were facing backwards so I had to y rotate them, then fix their pivot.

@Van B
Whats an easy way to find out the frames for the different loops?
I've been using fragmotion or Cash's Model Viewer to go through the frames.
Does FPSC have a place that lists those motion frame ranges?

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 21:55
Quote: "Does FPSC have a place that lists those motion frame ranges?"

Yes, they're, however, laid out in different files.

Animation-Frames of Weapons are in the "gunspec.txt" file. (files\gamecore\guns\*Weapon*\gunspec.txt)

The animation-frames of Entitys are in their "fpe" file.

-Doomster

trogdor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 22:09
excellent,
just opened one
Thanks

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 17:04
VanB, just thought I'd say got them all in no problem - have to make them look kind of Milk Patoney and skip frames but apart from that they worked no hastle and look great in my opinion!

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 18:02 Edited at: 8th Oct 2009 18:03
Sorry for noticing this at such a late date, Drew Cameron.

If you need any further assistance in deciphering the animations please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I do not know if you have already implemented sch a feature but for smoothest animation playback, you should add some basic motion blending. FPSC has this and there is a good probability that some of the animation segments are slightly miss-matched because it is easy to overlook such errors when motion blending is in play.

As a shameless plug, there are numerous other weapons which match the hand mesh and general style and are available on the game creator store; should you need additional weapons for your project. The animation style is a bit different though, regarding the walk cycles. However, some DBP developers prefer to omit the walking animation all together and handle the movement with code.

Best of luck to you and thanks for buying
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 18:20
Hi Errant AI;

I'm working on a game to tie in with an animation project with a unique animation style. For lack of a better word, the look is that of "cheap" animation so I've used your animations and kind of made them look like they were animated at 5fps but doing "set object frame" every 10 seconds.

Question: what can I edit DDS in?

Fantastic models btw, they've made a big difference to the game and I'll definately buy your work in the future if I need it.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Whoa. Sounds cool and interesting. I hope you'll share a W.I.P. link at some point. I'd very much like to see what you've done with them.

Photoshop will open and save .DDS with the correct plugin. I think The Gimp is also capable of that.
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 18:37
Errant AI, got a thread in the WIP board but it's early days. It's just a simple wee FPS game, should be updating that thread tonight.

Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
Does this apply to all of the model packs? Can I safely pick any pack and be sure it will contain a bunch of .x models that I can use in DBP?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 13:54
Quote: "Does this apply to all of the model packs? Can I safely pick any pack and be sure it will contain a bunch of .x models that I can use in DBP?
"

Yes, the installer will even give you an option to install to FPSC or to a directory of your choosing in case you want to use the models outside of FPSC.

Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent, thanks. Now I just need to find decent shots of some of the packs, as the details on some of them do seem a little thin.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 01:50
Quote: "Excellent, thanks. Now I just need to find decent shots of some of the packs, as the details on some of them do seem a little thin.
"

I have most of the packs so if there are any in particular you'd like to see some shots of send me an email and I'll send you some pics (so long as I have the pack).

Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers. I'll have a look at them and drop you a line.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:23:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:23:18