Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / HEEEELP me plz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Holy ****!!!

Guys, I updated Dark GDK to the latest 1 ( Can\'t remeber wich version ) And what happened to my game is KABOOOM!

The camera seems to no longer exist, or in other words, the 3d models seem no longer to come visible. Yes, i still can see the sprites and the images, but else than that, just the backdrop color.

Wt***?>.<\'

Chamillion

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 12:53
If you upgraded to 7.4 there is a small amount of extra work you need to do to get it setup. The first download contains the library, but broken renderer and core. About a dozen posts further down is a small download posted by Mike that has just the fixed renderer and core libs in it.

Read ALL the posts in that thread to get the gist of what you need to do

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Chamill
Years of Service
User Offline
Mate now you hitted me on the nose for the second time xD

< Gosh I'm ashamed >

Anyway, double appreciation on this reply thanks a dozen

Chamillion

Chamill
Years of Service
User Offline
Im afraid that still didnt fix the problem :/

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 15:24
check the you got the correct 2 downloads.... im guessing that you didnt read the posts ? Some of them are a little pedantic I know, but you have to sieve through them to get the correct downloads.

TGC Screwed up royally with the 7.4 update of GDK(but whats new hey lol) and there are a few links in that thread with broken components in them. You have to actually go through and read the posts(unfortunately lol) to get the correct downloads.

You should get the download from the first post, and 1 more small ZIP download, that will be around a dozen or so posts down from the first, and is posted by Mike.

TGC for some unknown and undisclosed reason(but really, when do they tell us anything ? lol) have not upated that thread and anybody wishing to actually use 7.4 has to sieve through that entire thread looking for the working libs... and then set them up in the correct place with NO docs at all, not even a readme text file.... hint hint TGC

One thing to keep in mind is that when you get the 2 GDK7.4 downloads, dont extract it over the top of(into the same place as) your previous version. The 7.4 archive libs contain everything that you need to run GDK, if you copy it over the top of an older version there may be some conflicts or such...I just put mine in a subfolder under DarkGDK called "GDK74" inside that are the "include" and "lib\vs9" folders, I just added that path to the lib/include search to make it find the files

Another thing to check is that it is putting the files in the correct place, the 7.4 archive has a heap of sub directories in it, and mac libs and what looks like debug/release libs, so you will need to put the right ones in the right place.

And lastly, I do think its been suggested that 7.4 is considered(at least for GDK) to be BETA still. Its not an actual release like DBPro 7.4, where they are now working on 7.5beta.... GDK seems to lag a fair way behind DBPro unfortunately.... it would be nice if they could put the same effort into all their products, but small companies are small companies, and realistically, I dont think GDK has enough users or makes TGC enough profit for them to care much about it lol....(its free after all, and I believe only a very small percentage of users actually buy the commercial license, TGC make most of their money through plugins, hence their predominate use of that kind of architecture lol)

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Chamill
Years of Service
User Offline
Wilson i really cant describe how much ur help is appreciated, I just wonder why u'r not a moderator in here =).

Anyways, Yes, i have downloaded everything that needs to be downloaded, and Yes, i have putten them into the very right specific folder for each file, and No, i didnt create another individual map for 7.4, so Yes, I should do it, but No, because i've already downgraded and everything is perfect again.

And Yes, i still can't describe my appreciation in words.

BEST regards,
Chamillion

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:43:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:43:42