Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How do I Recycle Planes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 10:07 Edited at: 10th Oct 2009 03:18
Alright I\'m trying my hand at a vertical shooter.I have the bullet firing and making the planes delete if they collide with each other.I\'m having trouble however with how to make the plane I just deleted come back somewhere a little above the top of the page.And how to do the same thing if I happen to miss a plane and it goes past the bottom of the screen.I\'m using alot of code that I gleened from The Helpful Programmer so it\'s in sections but I think I\'ve gotten the relevant sections of code here.

It was such a small seed... I needed to find out what was growing inside. And there was only one way to find out. So I decided to raise it.

Ovan35
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wanted to let everyone know that I figured out the problem as far as recycling the planes.I have left some of the relevant bits here for anyone that might be working on the same problem.Maybe it might help some.

enemy.h - controls the apperance and behavior of my enemy

moving.h - involves the movement of bullets, the player and collision between the various objects..

It was such a small seed... I needed to find out what was growing inside. And there was only one way to find out. So I decided to raise it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:44:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:44:41