Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / screenshot collection in progress

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2009 13:02 Edited at: 13th Oct 2009 13:02
Ok, I was looking for some inspiration what others allready have achieved with FPSC and worked through the first 20 of the 44 pages of the WIP thread.

But (excluding the ones that ended in the Showcase thread or where part of a competition) I couldnt even find a dozen playable levels - and some wherent even playable beyond the menu/loading screen.

Most of the WIP posters seem to announce the next sensation in gaming, provide some breathtaking screenshots (some of which you can allready guess that the lag will be unbearable as soon as another dynamic entity is added) and start collecting cheers & praises.

When people start asking about a demo level (after 50-200 posts have accumulated) its getting school blahblah office blahblah wife blahblah the mod doesnt work blablah the engine doesnt work blahblah the dog ate the disc blahblah....

...and the project goes into infinite hiatus. Sometimes the thread end with the poster denying to furter share anything about his work because pepole getting on his nerves constanly nagging about *something* playable

So could we possible have in addition to the Showcase (harsh restrictions) and WIP (anything goes so far, better be renamed to screenshot collection) a REAL WIP chat where everything is elegible that includes something playable (no matter what quality though)?

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2009 13:12
In many professional game development companies 99 out of 100 good ideas are also killed at some stage. Some make it to early concepts and some die in alpha or beta stages.

So it's no wonder that the WIP threads here are loaded with promises but few actually deliver on them. Even if a playable demo was required my estimation is that just as many projects would die before completion.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:28:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:28:57