Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / TARGAQUA

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well still working on plot,chars,monsters for Dusty. So this weekend for light relief *cough* iam making a Beta of TARGAQUA oooo

The idea for this game hit me a few months back and now its time to test it out.

In the year 3010 all humans have been destroyed (let the robots win for once will yah) but with nothing left to mash the killer machines battle for the borders of this new world. To save on production costs the bots were built 10cm high, why waste resources?

To create a Robot you require a Bar code, oh yes time to go hunt for that ultimate combatant on the back of you chocolate bar!!.

Currently the game system ive designed produces a bot from the first 6 digits of a bar code giving a possible 42,000 combinations. This game is played out via the computer so the best skills you can have is finding the correct bot for the job.

Basically you you fight either on the computer or in the playground ... or under the desk in the office.

So this is a card game ive come up with, but how in the heck am i going to play it away from the computer, and even venture outside for the first time. Easy all you need is a 20 sided dice and .... print your robot off as a card. One of the functions of the finished game will be to print your bot off on a game card sized bit of card. No paying for card packs

okay so whats the beta going to have / not have. Printing and graphics will not be included. This is a test people, not anywhere even close to a finished product This is more of a is this worth investing my time in test.

example of bot
BOTBAR (Barcode): 020608
ROBOT CLASS: MIRROR

CLAN: SHADOW
+AGILITY -LIGHT
hits heat cold explo light agility
48 1 1 1 15 11
WEAPON: MI-LAZER
DAMAGE: 6 LIGHT 3 DIRECT

Special Attack (roll a 20 on a D20)
RAGE - x2 Damage

Ill try and post a quick test saturday, final version for pre pre beta will be posted on sunday. Ive been working hard in Excel so all the raw data is done
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
ah well been coding all night. All data has been imported. The game front end has been roughed up along with creation process.

020608 - is the same robot when you type it into the game. 2nd player has been made. Time to work on the combat system. Should have a working game by this evening. remember though theres going to be no eye candy. I think alot will be added to the fun, when you can actually see you bot fighting, blasting metal off your enemy. btw I can model/texture/animate ... so with the programming base done ....oooooo
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
there will be a one player mode later on, best of 3. Its going to be all about putting the right robot up for the job and .... well a bit of luck
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
okay looking like its 8pm gmt for posting the game for first trials .... coolio

K people get searching for barcodes need feed back. Remember that different bot bodys have better resistance to certain attacks, some bots have good protection.

hits, resistance and agility are all linked so it should be balanced. For instance.

The RAT was designed to be highly agile (dodges/attacks first), excellent heat and light damage. But this comes at a price ..... a dreadful 22 hits.

Now every Rat(bot) is not the same, Your clan also effects your bot .... your bot can have extra hits but less agility. If your bot is in the Winter Clan you get strong cold resistance but weak heat resistance.

Weapons usually do 2 types of damage types from the following.

heat cold explosion light damage

These all have to be tested against resistance.

However there is one more damage type... Direct this is damage direct to your targets bot so no save throw. Here are some examples of weapons.

MI-LAZER does Light / Direct damage
EXPO GUN does Explosion / Direct Damage
PULSAR does Heat / Light damage

First thing I need to adjust on monday is weapon damage. Some weapons are trying to do 3 types of damage. The weapons that have 3 damage types are only going to do 2 attacks.
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
okay peeps its time. Things ive found so far to fix are weapons for sure. Some weapons are a tad ... to powerful . Something for Monday sadly

http://www.spritemill.com/targaqua.zip

Okay only rules are you must use REAL barcodes, not ones youve made up. I got mullered today by my GF pasta :/ she was laughing for 20 mins everything i tried got wacked. Got her in the end though ^^.
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 21:56
this sounds very original, downloading now! will it still work if we make up the barcodes?

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
yes
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 22:00
its basically unusable for me, i was running at 100% system resource when i had your game, this site and msn running at once,(msn and this site take up 20% btw)it was so incredibly slow i managed to get to the input barcode screen but it didn't register my keypresses, is there any way you can make it run better?

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
oof running fast on my comp
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2003 12:49
hmmm a problem

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
what spec comp you got mate?
Critters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2003 13:28
Very origional, i like it.

Downloading...

http://www.jaxteam.co.uk - under construction
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
cool mate, remember though no real graphics, its just creating 2 robots and having the game engine make them fight.

lol iam at a loss at what kind of style robot to use. Go for cute/battletech/Robotech ... bit unsure
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
okay ive now got 86,400 variations of robots, think ive got enough now working on card design for the rest of the week
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
great now got a full 122,400 different robots Wont have lightwave for ages, so its alot of work on the texture work
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
K hoping tonight ill be posting the non graphics version of my game. With Lightwave winging its way to me, graphics and sound will be the new focus after the weekend. At the weekend ill be working on the card design. Ill be releaseing screenshots of the progress, it should become a good laugh to play. Oh and dont ask me how pasta can beat fudge, but it does.

in around 1.5 months ill be working on the 1 player side of my game
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay new version is out, same link

http://www.spritemill.com/targaqua.zip

to reset the players after a battle pick on done which takes you to the main screen then pick on play.

You must enter 2 barcodes, then go see if Fudge can take over the world.

Finally I can start on the graphics
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Card Generator

Okay with the game engine done, I feel its time to get the 2nd part of this game rolling out. It does kind of depend if my stupid Lightwave replacement turns up in time lol. Iam going to get the Card generator going. Then people can play the card game too, which will be fun Obviously as this game contains stats for each bot, it will allow people to play top trumphs too
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
lol lmao, not getting lightwave till at least Friday. Ah well a card generator without 3d pics *sighs*
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
okay heres the front of the card, taken from DBpro with a camera view in the middle of the card. Its a piccy of a 1,1,1 box. K its dull but at least its working, the idea is to have the stats on the back of the card. Screen grab and print it

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmm perhaps ill let the user change the view ....
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, my new systems up and running, its taking me around 6 hours per robot X 21 plus UV is going to take the same with 9 various guild = lots of hours. Rather than posting a model unfinished ill get it UV'ed and textured and post the result.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:03:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:03:11