Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Map wont load (.x from Dele3D)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi... again ! So I had created a map in a world creator called Dele3D. I exported my creation in the format of .x into my maps folder inside my models folder inside my media folder and so on and so forth. Now heres what my questions are:

#1. My Map wont load. I exported it in .x format and when I go to load it, it doesn't load anything. Heres my code:

I know it's not much but it works every time I load a normal model... P.S. I added in a matrix but nothing changed:

#2. How do I texture my map? I have all my textures inside my map folder inside a folder called "Map Textures". How do I apply them to the right spot and stretch them correctly?

#3. How do I add physics into my map?

#4. There are multiple ladders in my game. How do I detect that if the player runs forward into a ladder the player starts climbing? (You don't have to answer it yet since I still need to implant more systems into my map but if you can give me an example of what the code would look like I would greatly appreciate it)

Thank you for taking time to read everything . P.S. I added in the maps folder for the map itself if you wanted to toy with it so you can answer one of these questions.

LOL

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 04:10 Edited at: 15th Oct 2009 18:57
Well if we're talking about the same program, then it should work fine, dont position the world object, rather move your player. Also when you export, make sure you put the .x and textures int the same folder(Also make sure you named it Right!)

NOTE: I believe the program is called Deled 3D

if(You.AddCode.toPost)TGC.Users.CanHelp = true;
else return NoCodeMessage;

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:38:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:38:47