Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / How do I make a DarkGDK.net Class?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 21:47
Seems like a simple question and I hope the answer is as simple as I think it is. However, I'd like to know the right way to create a class of related functions that I can ultimately import into other DGDK.net applications, or perhaps provide to others as a dll.

My example is a handful of FVF related operations. So I'll be using DGDK.net primtitives, memblocks, creating meshes etc. I think I should be able to create a standard .net class and import the 3 DGDK resources to access DGDK.net functions. The application using my Dll will handle the rest (Viewport etc). Is it as simple as that?

Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 22:13
BatVink,

Yes, It's as simple as tha. You can access all the standard DarkGDK methods through DGDKPlugins.CDarkGDK.

I've created my D3DFunc class in this way.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 23:12
thanks!

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2009 00:10
BatVink.

Yep, as Cloggy as said, very simple process. It only becomes more complex when converting existing C++ plugins for DarkBASIC Professional because all of the calling prototypes have to be wrapped into a managed C++ class which passes the DGDKPlugins.CdgdkGlobals class into the plugin to access all of the underlying functions.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:14:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:14:05