Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Kravenwolf's and Hockeykid's random item box, my items don't spawn!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 05:29
Hi, i would like help getting the Nazi zombie random weapon box working, I set everything to always active ys, but they just don't appear near the box, the box is dynamic and has the right script, please help me.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 07:56
What mod are you using, if any? Because to my understanding, if weapon physics are turned on as they are in Airmod, the weapons in the chest will fly everywhere at the start of the map and will not appear in the chest. Aside from that factor, following the setup instructions from the original post will get the chest working properly.

Quote: "SETUP

1. Set the chest entity to dynamic, and set its main script to randomweaponschest.fpi. Set it's 'is immobile' setting to 'yes'.

2. Position the guns/items you want to be in the chest to your liking. Set each weapon with a corresponding script; 'weapon.fpi', 'weapon2.fpi', 'weapon3.fpi', and so on. Make sure all the guns are set to 'always active' and choose 'yes'.

3. Put the included HUDS into the appropiate directories, and make sure the weapons scripts' file paths are correct to display the HUDS.

4. That's it! The scripts take care of the rest. When you walk up to the chest, press enter and the script will throw out a random weapon from the weapons you put in it. You can either press enter to pick that weapon up, or back away from the chest to throw it back in, and pick again!"

Kravenwolf

Hexy123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 09:59
Thanks, but it doesn't work the weapons don't appear, I use Fenix mod, so that might be a problem. I was thinking to turn physics off?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thanks, but it doesn't work the weapons don't appear, I use Fenix mod, so that might be a problem. I was thinking to turn physics off?"

Make sure you have the latest version of Fenix Mod

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 19:08
Ohhh now that your here I have a question. When i use the chest it all works except for the Huds.

The master of GAMES!!!!!!!!
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 19:12 Edited at: 17th Oct 2009 19:12
Quote: "3. Put the included HUDS into the appropiate directories, and make sure the weapons scripts' file paths are correct to display the HUDS."

Kravenwolf

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 19:21 Edited at: 17th Oct 2009 19:23
Where do the Huds go because when i put them some where the box turns white like has no texture.And doesnt work.

Hexy123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 02:33
The huds go in gamecore, huds, i'm pretty sure. i have the latest fenix mod, i just got it of the forum thread, and it dosn't work
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 02:55
Thats where i try to put them but again the box turns white and you cant use it.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thats where i try to put them but again the box turns white and you cant use it."

If the models are white that means you have the textures in the wrong place.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 03:51
Ok this is hard to explain but i take the HUDS andput them in the spot not the texture file. But just in case can you tell me What the HUD files are called I will try again. And where do i place them.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ok this is hard to explain but i take the HUDS andput them in the spot not the texture file. But just in case can you tell me What the HUD files are called I will try again. And where do i place them.
"

You'll have to wait for Kravnwolf, he made the models so he knows best about this part.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 04:34
ok

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:25:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:25:22