Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Access Denied? To my own App?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Main.cpp Will not allow me to gain access to it, and it is my own application.

I was in the middle of making a card game, Being new i had some serious issues, such as infinite loops, and just plan bad code. But during one of the compiles, i got a strange error message. I could not get the program to run no matter what i did. So i assumed it was just Visual Studios acting up, i exited out of everything and then went back to load up main.cpp to start messing with it again. It Poped up a message and said "Access is Denied" then it pop opened a Notpad with nothing on it.

Any Help?

Random Question: Got any Good C++ Dark GDK 2d Gaming tutorials you can show me? I can not find any what so ever. =/
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 16:27
Download a program called 'Unlocker'. There will be a program which has locked access to the file, and unlocker will be able to tell you which program it is, and even unlock it without killing the program.

Zapleaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is something weird going on also. I looked inside the folders holding the Main.cpp files that where locked and they all had this file in them: Project_1.vcproj.Casey-PC.Casey.user

also This unlock thing i downloaded is being a pain and not working like the read me says it does :/
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 09:09
You are probably running Vista and need to start Visual Studio in "Administrator" mode or whatever it's called.
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
just disable your antivirus for a minute. it works for me. im guessing you have norton/symantec, right?

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:49:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:49:39