Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 2D, or 3D?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am still rather new to most of this GDK stuff, I am ok with VC++ and can actually put images and animated images into a game and have them do stuff. My question is should i study 2D before i Study 3D?

I realize that 3D is more complex then 2D but i have to ask, do i have to learn how to code in 2D before i can tackle 3D?

I use Dark GDK Basic. (Free version for VC 2008).
Ultimate_H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 06:51
pretty much, 2d and 3d graphics take a different "set" of commands. meaning that you dont have to learn 2d to start 3d. you can look it up in the documentation file. 2d is listed under image/sprite/etc, and 3d is under, well 3d.

If I sound like I know what I am talking about, then I most likely have no idea what I am saying.

If I sound like i have no idea what I am saying, then I most likely know what I am talking about.
Zapleaf
Years of Service
User Offline
That is what i was thinking. My true goal here with GDK is to get real good with it, buy the pro edition, and start making 3D games that i really enjoy, as a hobby. so i was hoping to jump straight to the 3D.

Thanks for your answer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:44:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:44:03