Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I am a new member (Obviously XD) to the forums/FPS Creator and I would just like to say hello to everyone and ask a question.

The question: Are there any tutorials out there for creating and, do not know the proper term for it but, rigging hands up to weapons?
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 08:40
Well, you certainly joined a long time ago (/sarcasm)! But welcome to the forums, it's always great to have one more member.

The answer (mostly): If you're talking about rigging .X files (maybe even after exporting) then try to find a member named 'Errant AI' (if you're lucky he might post here). He's an EXTREMELY professional gun maker (check the GC Store). E-mail him, and he might just help you.

Yet be-warned: Weapons are very hard to make. You'll notice how few of them there are out there.

-PWP

I've seen it all. Except for myself ever not failing at something.
Dart Dragonheart
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I saw some of Errant AI's work on the store, really good. But what I'm talking about is, actually, creating custom hand models to show on the guns and maybe editing them into the gun files.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 11:27
I'd suggest downloading a program like milkshape or fragmotion (Or if you have $4000 dollars lying around, 3ds max)

Then you import both models and re-animate them

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemies
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 15:11
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 18:23
DL wings 3d to model, and buy fragmotion to rig and animate.
I taught myself how to rig (its fairly easy) and how to animate.

Dart Dragonheart
Years of Service
User Offline
@AAAGreen: Thank you for the suggestions.

@Nickydude: Thank you for the links even though I already looked at them XD.

@General Jackson: The best I am able to afford at this very moment is free unfortunately.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:27:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:27:46