Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Asteroids using DarkGDK.NET

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 16:24
Hi folks,

Some time ago, I wrote an Asteroids clone which was then revised for the rednose day projects some time back. Well, I thought it would be useful if I released the source on here for people to use as a guide.

This version does use the advanced interop part of DarkGDK.NET though, and therefore features more advanced concepts such as asset management etc.

Anyway, please feel free to download and play with the code, you are free to use any part of the code to whatever purposes you see fit.

Any questions or queries, please feel free to jump in here.

Some screen shots

Paul.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
StartCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 20:51 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2010 21:16
APEXnow,

May i ask something ? (Meaby stupid Question)
How did you learn to code to clean in vb.net? anytips for me?
I want to code like you( with clean classes)

Thank you in advance.
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2010 15:54
This one is FREAKING good: Design Guidelines for Class Library Developers http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/czefa0ke(VS.71).aspx

[center][center]
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 02:09 Edited at: 12th Jan 2010 02:13
StartCoder

I've been a developer for over fifteen years, so during this time working on various development projects, it becomes common practice to try and abstract the concepts into classes and class facttories. The Asteroids class design structure was borrowed from work I did when working for a games company in Derby. It required looking at the game structure in terms of Asset management, scene graph rendering and various other methods for writing class code in this manner.

I thought it would be a good idea to post the code here so that the ideas and concepts could be borrowed for other people to use. I hope it's been helpful to everyone and yourself.

[EDIT] To add though, this source code really needs alot more documentation. It lacks function and class descriptors etc. An unfortunate side effect of getting the project finished in time for the Red Nose competition.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:19:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:19:25