Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Nazi Zombies? Possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I Gave up on my 3d platformer Idea, for now anyway. I came up with an Idea to recreate Nazi Zombies from COD:WAW, Is this possible? If so is anyone intrested in making with me, because i\'d need models, maps, textures....

Please Reply
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 23:56
Well, the concept of Nazi Zombies is possible, but the lighting and such isn't possible with Dark GDK. And most people tend to frown at requests such as:
Quote: "because i\'d need models, maps, textures...."

Because you're asking for half the game right there with no proof that you have anything done. So if you seriously want help do some programming of the engine with temporary media then post a request again (but not in this sub forum).

Your bedtime story is scaring everyone
If found my very own Fail!: http://cheezburger.com/View.aspx?aid=2712171776
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah unless you have a decent amount of work done, your not gonna be taken seriously.
jasonhtml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 09:02
Quote: "but the lighting and such isn't possible with Dark GDK"

why not? use a shader...

just about anything is possible with C++/GDK; you just have to work for it.

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 12:08
Bond1 has done some awesome zombies which were for sale on the TGC shop, but has since been withdrawn for being too scary. Unsure where to get them now. Perhaps email Bond1?

Kravenwolf has done some awesome models called "Zombie Swamp", also available from the TGC store, which resemble the Shi No Numa level from Map pack 2.

There are some great hands/weapons (altho sadly not WW2) available in TGC Model Packs 9 and 10.

Hope that helps

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 13:40
Quote: "Bond1 has done some awesome zombies which were for sale on the TGC shop, but has since been withdrawn for being too scary."

Seriously?
I got bought those zombies, but deleted my FPSC, so I REALLY hope I will still be able to get them again, since I did pay.

heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 21:47
Quote: "just about anything is possible with C++/GDK; you just have to work for it."

Well I know it's technically possible but it's either impossible or extremely hard to get the same lighting effects with a playable fps.

Your bedtime story is scaring everyone
If found my very own Fail!: http://cheezburger.com/View.aspx?aid=2712171776
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 02:37
You have to remember COD:WaW had a team of hundreds of professional coders/graphic artists/sound ppl etc;

It's bound to be slightly tricky to do it all yourself

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:28:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:28:32