Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Good Modeling Program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 07:06
I want to start modeling for FPSC games, but i'm not sure what i should use. Does anybody know of a good program for making enemies with scripts?

At night i lay awake on my bed, gazing up at the stars, and i wonde-hey, where'd the roof go?
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 08:12
no program will make enemies already scripted. you make the scripts yourself. the characters can be done in lots of programs- milkshape 3d, wings3d, maya, 3dsmax or any program you decide to use. rigging can be done in fragmotion.
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 08:33
I know i would have to make the scripts myself, just didnt know of any software... Thanks

At night i lay awake on my bed, gazing up at the stars, and i wonde-hey, where'd the roof go?
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
3D Studio Max

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm personally a fan of Maya, but 3D Studio Max is today's standard.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 14:03
If you've got $3500 to plop down for Max, that is.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 14:23
Blender is completely free. TADA!

It supports the .x file format that can be imported with most FPSC entity makers.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 00:52
Quote: "3D Studio Max"
Oh, yeah i'm sure model packs has 3500 bucks

Try wings 3d or blender.
I reccomend wings 3d.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Cash is always an excuse. If you save up for a long time like I did you can afford things like that.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 03:12 Edited at: 20th Oct 2009 03:14
Quote: "Cash is always an excuse. If you save up for a long time like I did you can afford things like that.
"

Really??? Because once the mortgage payment, car payment, petrol, groceries, electric bill, gas bill, rates, health insurance, house insurance, car insurance, internet, telephone, mobile phone and putting money into savings in case some unexpected expense comes up I don't really have that much money left to be putting away of a $3500 piece of software. Of course if you live at home and don't have any expenses then saving that much money wouldn't be a problem.

Plus, to be quite honest, unless you want to make a living out of 3D work you don't need such high end software.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 04:25
I'm sorry, but when someone says...

Quote: "I want to start modeling for FPSC games, but i'm not sure what i should use."

and somebody recommends a $3500.00 program I just have to laugh.

It's like if someone says they would like to learn to play guitar, but they don't know what to get, and you tell them to buy a $3500.00 Fender Telecaster. Unless he's just got money falling out of his backside, why would he do that? Maybe it's just me. Maybe $3500.00 is like lunch money to some people.

Start with a free program, and then decide over time if it's something you want to invest in. Of course, you already had that figured out, but I just had to make the point.

Brian.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I wasn't suggesting he actually went out and bought it, I'm just saying that it's pretty much the best you can get. When did I actually say "You should use 3D Studio Max", I don't think I did.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 05:23
If you're replying to me, I wasn't addressing anyone in particular. 3D Studio Max was mentioned and recommended by someone in this thread, but it's not just this thread. I see it all the time. I just can't figure out why you would buy a $50.00 engine and spend $3500.00 on a modeling modeling program for it, unless you make a living with it.

Then again, I never understood why people put $4000.00 worth of wheels on a $500.00 car.

Brian.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I used it for a few projects for classes one time, I got it on sale half off, they did a promotion like 2 years ago or so for it. I don't really do much modeling anymore because I was quite horrible at it.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 15:35
I got softimage XSI studio a few months ago was very happy with it so much better than 3D Max.

I don't know why people go crazy about some thing which isn't even that great in the first place...

BTW there is a free version for non-commercial projects.

Really recommend looking into Softimage if your looking for a high end
tool like max...

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
@WOI: Hey!!!

Anyway, there are a bunch of good programs out there.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 23:49
Model making makes no sense to me. Tried it 100 times but fail. there is to many buttons. I dont know what they do or how to do that or this. But hey good luck.

The master of GAMES!!!!!!!!
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Hiya, Yeah i reccommend Softimage as well, i myself also have this software and it can be excellent in the right hands unfortunately i haven't had time to properly go through the software but i like to play around with it now and again. Softimage was used to produce films like 300 and Happy Feet.

Other reccommended 3D modeling and animation software.

Blender (Free)(Commercial)
Cinema 4D (You have to pay around £250-£400 i think)(commercial)
Softimage Mod Tool (non-commercial unless you pay for a small one time license to be able to use it commercially, don't hold me to that though but it is what i have heard)

Good Luck!

BJKDAW
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 05:16
Gorloacks: Ya gotta take the time to learn it.
I taught myself practically all I know about animation, modeling, and texturing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:26:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:26:28