Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / So Much to Choose From!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 15:34
Hey all,

I'm pretty new to FPSC and all the things I'm seeing and reading about are a little confusing, mainly on the topic of mods. There are so many mods out there: EFX, Project Blue, Fenix, Horror, etc. But, I don't know which is best. I definitely want a mod that enhances FPSC because stand alone it's not that great...I'd love to have better AI and better graphics and some more features. But, I just don't know what to roll with. Anyone have any tips for a beginner?

Thanks!
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 17:56 Edited at: 19th Oct 2009 18:00
Welcome to the forums . The best tip that I can give to a beginner when it comes to mods would be to look at all of the mod threads you've heard of and compare and contrast their features until you find one that's appealing to you. Project Blue, Horror Mod, and Fenix Mod all increase your framerates and allow you to create much larger levels over unmodded FPSC without worry (and of course they all add a large variety of new commands for you to use in your games as well).

Personally, I would recommend any of the three. I have used all of them, and they all have their own unique features, and they are all great. Though, I would suggest that you give Fenix Mod a try before the others, since it is free.

Kravenwolf

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 18:28
Yes, there is a free version of Project Blue, but you can't build games with it. I recommend Fenix Mod as well. A few others might be WizMod, but I'm not sure if it was officially canceled or not.

And you do know that EFX Mod hasn't been around for a whole... what? A year or so-ish sadly, but there's been rumors about an upcoming future release (please don't base further rumors on me).

And lastly, welcome to the GC forums

I've seen it all. Except for myself ever not failing at something.
FlapJack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 19:17
Thanks, guys! I'm looking into Fenix mod and it seems really nice. Honestly, the scripting kind of scares me, because I've tried and tried and tried to learn programming and it never worked for me. That being said, I'm willing to give Fenix a try. This may seem like a super noobish question, but how do I use all the commands in the Fenix mod? I realize there's scripting involved...but I'm not sure what kind of things it is that I'm supposed to script.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:23:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:23:47