Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / can anyone suggest a plugin for bsps?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hellow, my friend and i are working on a game together, and we have run into some problems with loading bsps, looking at these forums, its safe to say that continuing with dark gdk bsps will be fustrating and most likely wont work. does anyone know of a good plugin or set of functions that work better? it would be preferable if they are cost and royalty free.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 08:50
May I recommend learning the DirectX9.0c SDK? GDK manipulates the SDK to load it's bsps, maybe there is a way to do this directly through the SDK?

You could also possibly model it with code, add all your objects as limbs to the world object and save it as a .dbo with dbSaveObject()? That is just an idea and I don't know what kind of issues that would bring up in how fast the game loads / runs.

Possibly try a different type? Do you NEED bsp's special proporties?

EYE R T3H +ick +ack +oe mester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:49:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:49:36