Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Creating a new project in DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Bare with me...
I can create a new Dark GDK project using the Dark GDK Game installed template and make it look like this:

It runs...
But when I try to make a Dark GDK project WITHOUT using the templates (i.e. just an empty C++ project) I get two different outcomes:
Outcome 1: This works just fine:

I get no errors.
Outcome 2: This does not work fine. I get a linker error "fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined"

Now, I have been coding for several years now, and I understand what this error message means. But I am just a little confused: Isn't void DarkGDK ( void ) my entry point? But that doesn't even seem to make a difference since the only real difference between these two code snippets is a while loop with LoopGDK (). This would lead one to believe that LoopGDK () is the required entry point...do you see what I am saying? I have even compared all the project settings between the template version and the non-template versiond and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Any thoughts?
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 17:52
Thats just the way the GDK is setup i guess, it shouldnt really matter though.

if(You.AddCode.toPost)TGC.Users.CanHelp = true;
else return NoCodeMessage;
mdsquared
Years of Service
User Offline
You're right. It doesn't matter; but it is a mystery...I like like solving mysteries...Anyone else have any thoughts? Anyone from Game Creators?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:47:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:47:45