Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Fullscreen Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 11:45
Hey everyone, I'm new to Dark GDK, and branching off of the "Terrains" tutorial included I've made a 3D movement engine, with gravity, and with a main menu. At the start of the game, I use this code to run the game in fullscreen:

And that works, so when I run the game I also tried to minimize and then maximize the game to see if it was possible for the game to be minimized and then come back up with no problems. And this worked my first attempt, I minimized the game, then pulled it back up no problem, this attempt was made while I was in the main menu (which currently only uses dbText, and just says "Press enter to continue"), my second attempt I made was in-game. At this point it was all 3D stuff, with a camera and a terrain object, once I minimized the game, and pulled it back up, the game stopped responding. This is the same result each time I try it.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks so much!
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 13:52 Edited at: 20th Oct 2009 13:53
Two things

1) If you use dbSetWindowOff(); there is no need for dbMaximizeWindow(); , because it is no longer a 'window' to be maximized

2) If im not mistaken , if you use dbSetWindowOff(), if you try to minimize it, then to maximize it , you will have to redraw everything.

if(You.AddCode.toPost)TGC.Users.CanHelp = true;
else return NoCodeMessage;
JoshALB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 19:02
Thanks for your reply.

1. I thought so, that's what I had at first anyway (just dbSetWindowOff()) then when I Googled how to do fullscreen in Dark GDK, the first result also had dbMaximizeWindow(), so I wasn't sure if I needed both or not. (I was having this problem before dbMaximizeWindow, I thought adding it would help)

2. As in, load up all the models again? I'm very new to C++ in general (I speak other programming languages that aren't as complicated as C++, such as PHP, JavaScript, etc), can you maybe give me an example of how I would do that?
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
JoshALB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 08:06
Yes, it is. Thank you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:40:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:40:27