Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / NEW! I need Help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 15:15 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2009 16:29
Hi I am brand new at making 3d games I need some help on how to set a chain of events so to speak...is there any easy way to explain how to use DARK GDK? I have already viewed the tutorials. thanks!

Also, how do I add objects from the library?
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 17:54 Edited at: 11th Nov 2009 17:55
a chain of events, not quite sure what you mean. can you elaborate?
if you mean, just do things in a certain order, just code it. as in,
doThis();
doThat();
doThisOtherThing();

are you new to programming in c++, or programming in gerneral? i recomend www.cprograming.com for tips on this language. also, in the program files, there is some documentation, but it is a little dated. if you are truely new to programming, think of dark gdk as a set of machines that you put in values and get values out, as well as doing tasks. dbLoadImage for example takes an image file from your computer and stores it in the program, and you can use dbSprite to set its position and dbMoveSprite to move it around. dbMouseX will return a value for where on the x axis the mouse cursor is at.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:29:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:29:17