Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Been away! Getting FPSC to work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 18:21
I have been away for about 3 years or better trying my hand at Internet Marketing and not making any money! Things have changed for me. I am a truck driver by trade, driving a cement truck for the past 10 years. Hated that and was trying to get out of it by learning IM Me and my dad are starting a trucking business with 1 truck and a few accounts hauling steel. I hauled steel for 5 years. Liked that. I will teach him how to drive and then get him a truck. We have 4 accounts lined up from family members who buy and sell steel. It's all local so I am home nights and weekends. Now I can get back to this, a hobby I love almost as much as fishing! Anyway enough of that.

I have the old FPSC disk that I bought in 2006. I understand FPSC is now free. Do I have to DL that or can I use my old disk to get started back with FPSC?

Will check back later. Got errands to run now for my trucking business. Should have everything in place and up and running by the first of the year if not sooner! Can't wait!!!

Dragonslayer
cloudwalker
Years of Service
User Offline
You will need to install the update.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 20:09
Quote: "I understand FPSC is now free"

FPSC is not free. There is a free version but you cannot build games with it.

Use your old disk to install and then download one of the latest updates.

Signature's are stupid.
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 20:37
OK will give that a try.

With my old version I can build games and market them if I want?
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 20:41
Also I am on a vista laptop, which upgrade do I use? I was looking on the FPSC page and saw something for X10 and a bunch of stuff on the free FPSC Going to look around some more.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 20:47
Use whichever upgrade works best for you. Try out the user MODs as well. There's Fenix, WASP, RPG, and Project Blue. To run the user MODs I believe you need the V1.15 update.

FPSC X10 is an entirely different program.

Signature's are stupid.
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 21:12
OK got it, basically install the latest upgrade, see how it works on this PC if no problems check out the user mods? The last time I played around with FPSC there were no user mods. Are these just add ons or stand alone, will I have to uninstall things or re-install things to make them work?
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 21:24
I don't think any of the user Mods allow the latest update which is V1.16. I would install V1.15 and try out the user Mods.

When you download a user mod you'll download a file named fpsc-game.exe All you do is copy that file in the FPSC directory folder (rename the original fpsc-game.exe).

Signature's are stupid.
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 21:32
OK thanks will check it out!
morphosis comics
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not been around for some time too. I installed my old version 1 and then that new 1.15 upgrade. Now I can't build games? Says I need to buy points/the upgrade?

Why is that? Can I just build games in 1.0?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:29:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:29:30