Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 07:04
Im trying to get Dark Physics working with Dark GDK but am having alot of trouble. After going through alot of installs and uninstalls i finally got the GDK itsself working (stuff that doesnt pertain to DP) but when i try to compile a project that used DP it gives me this error:

Quote: "1>------ Build started: Project: Dark GDK - 3D Game1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyStart(void)" (?dbPhyStart@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl prepare_environment(void)" (?prepare_environment@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyBuildMaterial(int)" (?dbPhyBuildMaterial@@YAXH@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl prepare_physics_materials(void)" (?prepare_physics_materials@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhySetMaterialRestitution(int,float)" (?dbPhySetMaterialRestitution@@YAXHM@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl prepare_physics_materials(void)" (?prepare_physics_materials@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhySetMaterialStaticFriction(int,float)" (?dbPhySetMaterialStaticFriction@@YAXHM@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl prepare_physics_materials(void)" (?prepare_physics_materials@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhySetMaterialDynamicFriction(int,float)" (?dbPhySetMaterialDynamicFriction@@YAXHM@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl prepare_physics_materials(void)" (?prepare_physics_materials@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyMakeMaterial(int,char *)" (?dbPhyMakeMaterial@@YAXHPAD@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl prepare_physics_materials(void)" (?prepare_physics_materials@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyMakeRigidBodyDynamicSphere(int,int)" (?dbPhyMakeRigidBodyDynamicSphere@@YAXHH@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl prepare_simulation(void)" (?prepare_simulation@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyMakeRigidBodyStaticBox(int,int)" (?dbPhyMakeRigidBodyStaticBox@@YAXHH@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl prepare_simulation(void)" (?prepare_simulation@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyUpdate(void)" (?dbPhyUpdate@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl play_simulation(void)" (?play_simulation@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyDeleteRigidBody(int)" (?dbPhyDeleteRigidBody@@YAXH@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl play_simulation(void)" (?play_simulation@@YAXXZ)
1>Debug\Dark GDK - 3D Game1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Jake\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - 3D Game1\Dark GDK - 3D Game1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Dark GDK - 3D Game1 - 11 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========="

And if i try to compile the samples (gotten to by all programs>TGC>ect.) it gives me this error:
Quote: "1>------ Build started: Project: Bridge, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Main.cpp
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Include\DarkSDKCamera.h(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Samples\Dark Physics\Bridge\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>Bridge - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========="

Strangly I managed to compile the first one (advanced machinery). All these work flawlessly using DBP (using correct DPB systax obveously).

What is wrong? I have the August 07 DirectX SDK, all updates for Dark GDK and DP for GDK and I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Thank You.

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 13:34
The first set of errors can be solved by entering "DarkPhysics.lib" in "Additional Dependencies" under the projects properties, in the linker options. (it's the first option)
Well, it worked for me...
And the code generation under C/C++ has to be set to /MT .

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
Hacktank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 00:20
I am still getting Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory after setting both those things. :\

luke810
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 07:02
Check here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/3d02f302-45d8-4f3b-9c59-8de72ac7e4b8/

People have posted this problem before on the forums and I don't think it relates specifically to DarkPhysics. Have you tried compiling a program not using it?

Hacktank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 07:45
Yeah, i have tried simple console apps and they work. But nothing that uses graphics.

Hacktank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 09:59 Edited at: 24th Oct 2009 11:35
Ok, for the most part is seems to be working now. Thank You. But for the life of me I cant get fluid to draw, does it now work in GDK? After making a simple static floor and all I use this code:

And it does nothing at all. dbPhyGetFluidExist(2) returns true. And are there information documents that explain and give tutorials like there are for DBP (the information file in the GDK folder is identicle to the one that comes with DBP). Although the refrence file coincides with the GDK rather than DBP. Thank You.

EDIT:
I was wrong, it worked for a little bit and then decided to stop working <,<. Now when i compile someting that has dbPhyStart() in it it compiles with an error:
Quote: "
1>------ Build started: Project: Physics Testing, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Main.cpp
1>Linking...
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyEnd(void)" (?dbPhyEnd@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl DarkGDK(void)" (?DarkGDK@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyUpdate(void)" (?dbPhyUpdate@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl DarkGDK(void)" (?DarkGDK@@YAXXZ)
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyStart(void)" (?dbPhyStart@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl DarkGDK(void)" (?DarkGDK@@YAXXZ)
1>Debug\Physics Testing.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Jake\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Physics Testing\Physics Testing\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Physics Testing - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
"

This is the code that generated that error:

It works like a charm if you comment out the 3 DP functions.

luke810
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 17:24
Are you sure you reset the linker inputs when you started a new file?
And fluids don't work for me either, I believe you need an NVidia card for that...

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 17:28 Edited at: 24th Oct 2009 17:32
if I remember righty you also have to add the dxFluidRenderLib.lib

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Hacktank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 22:11
Quote: "Are you sure you reset the linker inputs when you started a new file?
And fluids don't work for me either, I believe you need an NVidia card for that..."

How would I reset the linker inputs? (sorry im a noob with the visual C++ IDE).

And I have a NVidia GeForce GTX 295 and I can run fluids with DBP (horrible tho they may look).

And the first program that I tried to run fluids in (and DP) still works without giving me that link error. But I just noticed this:
Quote: "1>dxFluidRenderLib.lib(dxFluidRenderer.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\Users\Jake\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - 3D Game1\Dark GDK - 3D Game1\Debug\vc90.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info"

So someting is wrong with that file rite?

White knight
Years of Service
User Offline
warning LNK4204: 'c:\Users\Jake\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - 3D Game1\Dark GDK - 3D Game1\Debug\vc90.pdb
that is only a debuging file not that important

new learning center comming soon http://911.bounceme.net/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:10:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:10:13