Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / An Awesome Idea! perhaps FPSC worthy.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 04:29
This idea is for a game.

It'd be kinda like mirrors edge with out the graphics style. It'd be very stylish though.

It'd be a game set very far in the future where when all people have their eyes goughed out at birth, and are given special visors stimulating their brain allowing them to see basic representations of what they normally would see, like just outlines for walls and buildings, and stick figures for people. this would allow the government to constantly police the citizens without them knowing. the government makes it thought that this was how the world worked now, but really, it's all an expiriment to observe human behaviour when they believe that there are no reprocussions for actions. your visor has a glitch, highlighting all government personel in red, allowing you to see them walking among you. que lots of parkour/lets get down to the bottom of this and see what this city really is business.

could this be done in FPSC? well... maybe. It'd be tough and would require the engine to be pushed to every limit (except graphics) and then some. heres what it would entail.

a black stick figure character model- the people
a red stick figure character model- government.
player legs as a black stick model.
a weapon- just hands, but with parkour anims. there would be no fighting only chases. anims like running, standing (non visible) and perhaps jumping
ability for weapon to have a jumping animation
ability for reliable hanging/climbing (was thinking of putting slanted surfaces on every scalable wall/hangable wall, but hanging wont work well/dodgy collision
ability for forced camer motion with actions performed.
enemy jumping/ fall death animations.
chases- enemies will follow you wherever you go/can jump/wallscale
ability for jumping in waypoints
ability for a constant red square to display on screen to the way to your objective. it would display in front of everything.
dynamic lights turning on staggered- light 1... light 2... etc.

visuals

these would be incredibly simple, and all segment based. in fact, there would be no entities except characters for the most part.

a white wall segment
white wall segments with the corner lines grey (outline)(seperate segments for corners)
hite wall segs with the floor line and roof line outlines in grey.
no lights would be required except for the very end.
would be basic, but if done correctly, artistic.

question- can it be done in FPSC? there would be large, closed in yet outdoor environments, lots of characters, a parkour system, and a special objective system.

I was considering using unity3d for this project, or leadwerks, or any of a number of engines, but I wanted to see if maybe, possibly, this could be done in FPSC. it'd be one of FPSCs biggest, most complex games likely.

thoughts, anyone?
a white wall
Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 04:41
I say, you should give it a shot. This Idea is different from the usual mainstream of ideas that seem to pop-up and would probably make a great game.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 19:24
the collision in FPSC isnt very good, though. the player model is a sphere, and I dont know what to do for climbing.
Evils evil twin
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the collision in FPSC isnt very good, though. the player model is a sphere, "

Sphere? Seriously?
You'd think they'd have fixed that by now.
Most games I play including ones I program (BGE) use Cylinders and some coding for the player.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:18:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:18:08