Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / questions if this is for me or not

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am interested in making a FPS game. I want to make sure this will do what I hope it can before I commit. I want to make a game with a central location (an ordinary house). But i also want to have a normal looking run-of-the-mill neighborhood surrounding it. Maybe around 20-30 houses/stores surrounding it. You would only be able to get into like 5 or 6 of them. But you can explore the neighborhood looking for things to use.

It would be a zombie game. so here are my questions:

1. Is my idea too big for what FPSCreator can do.
2. Also, can you lock and unlock doors and move stuff in front of doors (typical zombie survival stuff)

I may have more questions depending on what responses i get.

Thank you for reading.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 01:31
Welcome to the forum. FPS Creator is able to do what you ask, and your idea is not too big. Just remember that it won't do it all for you. If you can do it, you can do it.

Brian.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 01:42
Quote: "1. Is my idea too big for what FPSCreator can do."

If you use a mod such as Fenix or WASP, you'll get nice frame rate with a large area like that.

Quote: "2. Also, can you lock and unlock doors and move stuff in front of doors (typical zombie survival stuff)"

Yes, you can place keys that will open locked doors. You can also pick objects up with the right mouse/t key.

hamchuck
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you very much for the information. I basically want to be able to have a character in his own house. then i want him to be able to walk around town looking for weapons/food/supplies. through the game i want the amount of zombies to keep getting larger and larger.

One quick question that i cant seem to find an answer to - Can you make 2 or 3 story houses with staircases? Every video i see seems to be one story buildings
hamchuck
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you very much for the information. I basically want to be able to have a character in his own house. then i want him to be able to walk around town looking for weapons/food/supplies. through the game i want the amount of zombies to keep getting larger and larger.

One quick question that i cant seem to find an answer to - Can you make 2 or 3 story houses with staircases? Every video i see seems to be one story buildings
hamchuck
Years of Service
User Offline

hamchuck
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:22:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:22:42