Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Stuck in duct

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 05:05 Edited at: 29th Oct 2009 05:06
I have a dogman in a ventilation duct that appears by a trigger zone. But when i test the game and reach that part, the dog starts running at me, but stays in one spot, stuck. Can somebody please tell me how to fix this so the dogman actually moves through the duct? Also, i retextured the duct so its wooden, would that have anything to do with it?

At night i lay awake on my bed, gazing up at the stars, and i wonde-hey, where'd the roof go?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 05:40
I've had problems with the dogman being stuck on the floor before. I found you need to go into the editor and use the pageup key to place it slightly above the ground.

King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 06:07
I tried that, and even if i tap the page up key for a split second, and test the game, the dogman is gone, nowhere in sight.

At night i lay awake on my bed, gazing up at the stars, and i wonde-hey, where'd the roof go?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 10:36
Maybe the model is stuck in the vent and can't move because the area is too small for it

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 14:12
You should open the dogmans fpe and change his scale to like 70 so he will be small enough to fit into the duct,else its the duct.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 15:04
Ducts and overlays will affect enemy movements.

King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 22:18
No matter how small i make him, he still can't move. Is there any way to make it so he can?

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 23:48
Put an invisible floor over.

-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 02:03
Over where? How would that help?

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 11:50
As Nickydude said above overlays effect AI characters movements. Had the exact same with the floors (the ones not already in a room segment) of model pack 3, as they are set as overlay (box with o marker in editor)

The AI gets stuck on the floor and just walks in place as if a forcefield is blocking it's way.

You will need to make a proper floor segment and set it at the correct height (y axis) to cover the bottom of your duct floor and give it a pure black texture to make it invisible. Then line your duct floor with your new invisible floor and your dogman should be fine.

I only use this for fun and have no interest in making commercial games ^_^
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 15:11 Edited at: 30th Oct 2009 15:12
I created an invisible floor segment for just such an occasion, it was for Ross tra damus' Road Rage Pack, you can find it on Black Fox's website

King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 23:44
I downloaded the invisible floor segment from the website, placed it in the duct floor, and the dogman still ran in place. So i took away the duct and left the floor, just to test it and see if i did anything wrong, and the dogman still doesn't move.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:23:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:23:08