Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / A few questions about Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a basic game running it has a map I made in Blender with the sculpt tool and I used dbSetObjectCollisionToPolygons on the map and check to see if my character is colliding every time if they are then it doesn't fall. However this generates very noticeable lag. Ive read up on Sparky's Collision DLL, would this help? If not what should I do? Am I forced to use the terrains? If so are there any good heightmap creators anyone knows of? Also for controlling my character, is there a way to simply move forward currently I have it set when I hit up I move positively on the x axis. Any ways to implement turning and heading forward? Thank You in advance!
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 17:55
Quote: "Any ways to implement turning and heading forward?"

Try looking the the basic3d header file. I believe ther are dbMoveObject and dbTurnObject type commands.

I don't know if the ONLY way to do it is with terrains but I do know that there are certain issues with .bsp. Making a large .x file and constantly checking for collision does just sound laggy but I don't know what kind of cpu usage it requires.

EYE R T3H +ick +ack +oe mester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:47:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:47:46