Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / object interpolation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 22:18
Ive finally got the multilayer running in my game using raknet and i knew this would be an issue , but i cant seem to find out how to fix it.

Im sending player packets to the server every 150ms and so when each message is returned to the other players the movement is jerky, Ive read i need to add some sort of interpolation or position prediction so that i can fix the issue.

I saw in the documentation some functions dbHermiteVector, dbLinearInterpolateVector,dbSetObjectInterpolation. ive tried dbSetObjectInterpolation and its not quite what im looking for, so how would i go about using these other functions assuming those are the ones i need.

if(You.AddCode.toPost)TGC.Users.CanHelp = true;
else return NoCodeMessage;
action 9000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 22:39
The only solution I'm aware of would be to write some sort of prediction algorithm yourself, based on what the player was last doing (for a simple one) or based on circumstance (if you want a really advanced one).
Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
Or you could compare the send position and the position its going, drag a line between those points and let it "walk" over that line.

Isocadia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:32:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:32:27