Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] "Non-violent FPSC edition" discussion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 10:52 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 17:13
So what's your thoughts on it?

edit: moved original post to a better home: Feature discussion for new "Non-Violent FPSC".

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 11:18
hmmm... sounds interesting, i'm glad to see that TGC is spreading FPSC to an audience that's interested in making things other than games with zombies.

i think that a good feature for this version would be an improved physics feature (although the current one is awesome) maybe launchers that could fire objects into slots to open doors? or maybe (improved on the basic right click to pick up) gravity-gun style things that help you move objects around the area? im thinking on a physics-puzzle kind of idea here.

Can you solve the mystery of bunker 413?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 11:39 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 11:39
If I understand correctly and probably dont so please forgive me! Seems to me that TGC should firstly add such as the ability to include dark voice and easily set up character interaction and conversations to the original versions first instead of moving to something new which will offer features FPSC classic does not and should have, or should have had. Obviously it can be incorporated inside FPSC so should be applied throughout all versions where it is needed. A first person shooter needs it just as much as any other genere. FPSC current versions are missing features that should be included before thinking of other new products which will offer things already lacking. Dark AI or alternative AI improvements to name one of them which the Current FPSC versions and games made with them are sorely lacking and which users badly need and have asked for continuously.

Personally to me its seems like its just another version coming along which will offer only a partial platform of features each incomplete.

Better that one version would include all of these features, Dark Voice and Dark AI and so on offering any user an option to include in their games any of a mix of features that their particular game or genere requires to allow for mixing of game scenarios as and when the game requires. e.g. A shooting game or other can benefit from many kinds of in game interaction such as conversation and interaction with Characters or scoring/inventory.

Personally I see this as good for TGC and not good for those who have supported FPSC to date and still await much needed improvements to AI and even Character interaction for enhanced gameplay story support and rich gameplay scenarios which it seems would be possible for them to have as its to be included in this new version.

Whether or not it will be made available for current FPSC users and the versions they utilise for First Person Shooter genere games they aspire to make with the product they have supported for so long is yet to be seen.

It is imperative that FPSC Classic / X10 users or should we now say the Migration version users should at least be given the features that are possible in preference to any new product version because they have asked for, been sorely missing and need them. To withold them from current users and the Migration version to which they look forward in preference for something new which may or may not be what they want would not be good practice.

If its possible to include new features inside FPSC then current classic / X10 version / migration version users should be the first to get them. They have waited a long time and continue to wait whilst remaining loyal to TGC in their support and their wait for an improved product and aspiration to have the engine and features which will allow them to make better games.

250 seamless textures : http://www.umedia.co.uk
NewKlear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 11:40 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 11:41
Why can't all this be added to FPSC with the option for switching things on and off? I'd love to have DarkVOICES in a FPSC game for instance.

EDIT: What uman said.

www.steveharris.info
www.aellamassemailer.com
www.turningthetide.info
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 11:50 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 11:50
They've dropped guns and gore from First Person Shooter Creator.

Instead of completely raping the product their community is happy with, can't they just turn round and put the middle finger to ESRB?

Jeku always gets drunk and tries to Moderate the ocean. Tirelessly slapping the waves as they roll in.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 11:59
Quote: "Instead of completely raping the product their community is happy with, can't they just turn round and put the middle finger to ESRB?"

Retail outlets usually only want games that have ESRB ratings.

As far as I'm aware it is not meant to replace the original FPS Creator, so they aren't 'raping' anything. I may be wrong though...
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 13:02
Quote: "they aren't 'raping' anything."

i sure hope not.

i also agree with uman, if TGC are making more kid-friendly versions of FPSC then that's good. (maybe re-name it to FPGC, or first person game creator...)

But i also think that the current version of FPSC needs some work, especially on the AI front. if TGC wants to get more dedicated users of FPSC i first suggest sorting out the AI, as i often find that games i have played are only lacking on the AI front, purely becuase it just doesn't have enough features. i think that the integration of DARK AI to FPSC would be very welcome, and somewhat better than making more and more versions that we pressumably have to pay for again.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 13:41 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 17:12
edited away by author

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 13:49
Comments are legitimately relevant to the thread and subject ("Non-violent FPSC edition" discussion) which affect current FPSC versions and its users. This is an FPSC forum board.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 13:51 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 17:11
edited away by author

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:03
sorry scurvy lobster, but i don't see how what me and uman are saying doesn't relate to this subject. your subject is a new version of FPSC which is more non-violent, and i am merely saying that TGC should work more on vanilla FPSC before making this version, as things like DARK AI and DARK VOICES are much-needed in FPSC, nevermind in another version. i think that TGC are making all these new versions of FPSC, promising a migration... so far the only new features i have seen are from non-GC mods.

i don't see how relating this subject to problems with normal FPSC and comparing the two disrespects this subject.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:12 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 17:12
edited away by author

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:18 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 14:19
Then what is there to discuss? We have nothing to go by except what TGC revealed in the newsletter, and that's very little information. Instead of restricting the discussion to a still non-existant product, I think it'll give a lot more to involve current TGC products.
Uman has a very good point, instead of making an entirely new product, they should expand upon the current one. I'd be happy to pay full price again to have some of the features mentioned added into the current FPSC incarnation. Dialog with lip synching, inventory system, they're both things that'd greatly increase the immersion in FPSC games, if used well, of course.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:24 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 14:50
The subject of the in development "Non-violent FPSC edition" of FPSC will be remain open for debate here at these FPSC boards, particularly the FPSC Chat Board until a new board is created specifically for such a product at which time you can expect exclusivity. Until then this board is for general FPSC discussion including anything that affects the current versions and the users therof.

Of course as with any thread as long as comment is being carried out in an unoffensive manner then you can expect the thread to remain open.

If you have a point to make then make it and please keep it friendly.

The rules about offensive posting are global and if civility breaks down then this thread will be closed.

I have made my own comments known, the message is clear I had thought.

Apparently however my point is unclear the point being exclusively that if the FPSC engine is capable of supporting important New/Additional major game making features being incorporated so easily/quickly then the base FPSC product (soon to become the Migration version apparently) which the community has supported in my case amongst others for up to five years and more whilst waiting for existing TGC available features like Dark Voice and Dark AI, allies capability and so on to be plugged in, then these features should be without question given over to the Migration version, and as a priority. The supporters and users of the FPSC product deserve that.

I have no need of further comment.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:27 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 17:13
edited away by author

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:33
There has been some three or four people stating very good reasons for involving the current FPSC in the discussion. If you really want to restrict this thread to discussing the non-violent, and so far non-existant version, well, I wouldn't expect much value out of the discussion.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:35
Why two different products? Why not combine them? Does this mean we can either have a a shoot em up with no inventory or puzzle elements or inventories and puzzles with no shooting?

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:46 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 14:50
I am moving my discussion away from this thread and to a new one with a more clear name.

Please continue your debate on FPSC vs. the non-violent edition here.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:47
exactly nickydude. i think that TGC shouldn't create two different versions of something that would be great as one thing.

it's like having cheese biscuits (sorry for the random reference, just couldn't think of anything else)

just the cheese (vanilla fpsc) is ok.

but just the biscuit (this new version) is not as nice.

but if you combine the two together, you can make not only a very tasty snack, but also a brilliant game creation tool that will massively expand not only the features of the software, but also the number of people who will buy it.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 14:56
There's no need for two threads, the other will only end up exactly the same.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 17:02
Sent you an e-mail Nickydude.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:23:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:23:37