1) Order the labels / functions alphabetically, not in the order that they appear in the code. It makes it much easier to navigate.
2) Your sidebar could be filled up very quickly with stuff. It looks nice but isn't really practical by the time you have media etc.
3) One feature sorely missing from the current editor, is highlighting for user functions, or if that is not possible, at least a help box to pop up showing the parameters for that function. It would be useful if the parameters for a user function showed up in a hint box if you put your mouse over it in the sidebar. I hate having to fiddle around trying to find the params for a user function
4) If possible, an option to automatically save the .dbpro file when any settings changes were made. The current editor doesn't always prompt the user with a "Save Changes" dialog when it should either. Add those in to prevent the "I've lost all my code" worries for newbies.
5) The current editor only recognises variables which use the AS keyword in their declaration. For obvious reasons, it would be difficult to list variables not declared at all, but vars declared with a GLOBAL or LOCAL keyword in front should be listed.
6) Please allow the user to specify the default open / save dialog box folder. This always defaults to the PROJECT folder in the current IDE (grrr...)
7) It would be nice if you could change the default settings, rather than having to set them up every time.
That's it for the basics, some project management facilities and a way of easily storing / accessing code snippets would also be welcome. A link to the CodeBase on the Help menu would be handy as well.
I suggest that you have tabs or icons at the top of the sidebar, and the user can view different sidebars (one for functions / labels / variables, another for settings).
I realise that there is a lot of requests here, but there are a few things about the current editor which really annoy me.