Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Simple game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 23:04 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2009 23:05
I am wanting to make one of those games where you use the arrow keys to move and you leave a line behind you depending on the color you are. If you go over another persons color you lose. I need help with the AI for the other players. Does any1 know where or how I could write a code for that?

Terrestrial Productions
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 01:01
well have you tried? if so can you post some src to see how you could do it

if(You.AddCode.toPost)TGC.Users.CanHelp = true;
else return NoCodeMessage;
Terrestrial Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I don't even know where to start but i'll try. I'll post my progress sometime later.

Terrestrial Productions
Terrestrial Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Nvm I don't want to do this project.

Terrestrial Productions
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 17:46
Don't give up, use sprites like a red and blue square and everytime you move your piece the square can be placed where you were just at, collideing with a sprite of the other color causes loss. Try something like using an incrementing variable to create sprites of id's 1 for player 1 and 2 for player 2 and use modulo to determine which one you are collideing with ( if ( sprit_id %2 == 0 ) ) or something like that. Try makeing the 2 player version first because it would be simpler than attempting to create an AI. Than move to an easy version of the AI ( where the AI moves totally random without strategy ) and move on from that.

EYE R T3H +ick +ack +oe mester
Drowneath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 18:23
Right. You'll never get anything done if you never start.

if(asleep) sheep++;
Terrestrial Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2009 01:31 Edited at: 7th Nov 2009 01:31
No it's not that it's that i'e coded 3d objects before and got them to do stuff but what i really need to do (my teacher made me. It's a project) Is to make a program that will be like "who wants to be a millionare" quiz, but i really need help starting. Can any1 jump start me? i'll most likely be working on the media until i can get the coding done.

Terrestrial Productions
cleonjones
Years of Service
User Offline
Well first it sounds like you should write out what exactly the game should have. And IMO you could do a simple game like that in just plain old C++ without Dark GDK.

?
Terrestrial Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I want to have a "who wants to be a millionare" game where you answer questions and if you get one wrong you ahve too restart. If you get it right then it pulls a random one out of the supply for you to answer. It adds up to the points and money until you finally answer one wrong. I would like it 2d, because this doesn't need to be in 3d. And Dark GDk makes it easier for me cause i'm more familiar with it.

Terrestrial Productions
Terrestrial Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guess I abviously don't know how to program so I'm just messing around with stuff. I made a simple code for a sphere and how to moe around and look at it. I'm later going to texture it like the earth. Anyway i hae it so you pitch look up/down, and roll left and right. I need to know how to rotate the camera around it. I thought about just rotating the earth but i was going to put more objects in there so it wouldn't work. Any1 know a code that'll work?

Terrestrial Productions
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 19:28
you want the camera to be orbiting one object? or a free camera?

free camera :

camera orbiting around an object:

So it's like, a variable which is the angle, it increases and decreases by pressing A and D, you position the camera on the object, rotate it on the Y axis ( to turn it ) and then you pitch it down abit and then move the camera back to see the object.

(sorry for any syntax errors, i just wrote it here without testing )

Terrestrial Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot! Actually I kinda wanted it to be orbiting one object but then you can switch objects and go into free mode. So now any ideas on how to work that out?

Terrestrial Productions
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 03:52 Edited at: 9th Nov 2009 03:59

Terrestrial Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thanks. i will post later my progress.

Terrestrial Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:30:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:30:48