Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Build Game problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've started designing a 3 floor level using various model packs. When using the test button everything works perfectly. When building an executable, floors, ceilings, and walls disappear. Can anyone tell me what causes this?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 21:28
using any mods or just plain fpsc ?
Is your graphics drivers up to date ?
Is the latest directx Installe d?

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 23:36
Are you any relation to 'pincho paxton' in the DBpro boards?

Saito Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
First response: Yes, I have updated my drivers and did some more tinkering. I use that FPSC Bonanza pack. Anyway, it appears to have something to do with the Light markers and Player Checkpoint marker. If I remove them, it builds correctly (just a problem with character entities being able to move partially through a wall).

Second response: No, not related. Saito Paxton was one of the characters in my first game project that was being created with Turbo C++ 3.0 and Fastgraph. Unfortunately the game suffered a quick death.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 00:05
ok , 2 words :

FPSC Cleaner

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
Saito Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Bigsnake. FPSC Cleaner solved the build executable problem, the level appears as it should except for character entities.

They are allowed to move half way through a wall/door before stopping and then one of two things will happen, whatever they are stuck in kills them eventually or if you move by them enough times, they will come through the wall/door.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:18:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:18:15