Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 30 fps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I cannot get my frame rate above 30. I have played with the dbsync(), and I have set it to 60 and 0. It's not an issue of my pc performance because I've got a 3ghz processor, 8 gigs of ram, and a 1 gig video card, and I've checked my video card's refresh rate and it is set to 60hz. It seems apparent that Dark GDK is limiting my frame rate. 30 fps would not bother me if my text and reticle were not flickering. Please help. I've been searching the forums, and I can't get a straight answer.
Mulderman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 17:19
Nice PC you have there. I wish i could have such one instead of my crappy 1,6GHz one.

Why is your display refresh rate 60?
75 or higher is much better for your eyes.

60Hz hurts eyes.

New GTA2 Map Editor :: http://www.gta2madness.co.cc
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 09:06
Quote: "30 fps would not bother me if my text and reticle were not flickering."

Flicker is an entirely different issue than frame rate, I'm afraid. The human eye acknowledges something around 24+ images per second as "real-time."

So if the reticle is flickering, it's probably because of the way you have coded the reticle.

It's also important to first turn sync on and THEN set the sync rate. And furthermore, it doesn't matter how tough your computer is if you strain it too much. So what are you actually doing in your program?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:40:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:40:49