Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I want to know if I can change the firerate of Unarmed 1 (Model Pack 10).

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 22:52 Edited at: 5th Nov 2009 23:15
I've looked into the gamespec.txt, but there's nothing of any particular intrest that could point to firerate. The best I could see it iterate, and it did nothing.

Any help?

EDIT: While I still have a thread to myself, how to I change it's knockdown effect? I don't want the enemy to be knocked down, I want it to be a particular challange to beat someone to death with your 2 gloved hands.

Bloodshot eyes since 1995.
Can't build game? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143035&b=24
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
damagetype is what gives the knockdown effect, (1 is none, 2 is sometimes, 3 is always). Firerate can be edited in the mapeditor

Hope This Helps
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah.

Open the weapon's gunspec.txt and change to

damagetype-1

IF you are using updated X9 or modded FPSC X, you can also add to gunspec

firerate=X

default is about firerate 10, I think. Set to a higher value to decrease the raycast interval. I think 30 is 1 per sec.

I'm not sure which value actually matches up to the animations (which will remain their current speed).

You also have the option of commenting out the automatic fire line to remove autofire ability but you'll never see the hands alternate punches.

Your last option is to download the unarmedv2 update from the AirMod website. http://sites.google.com/site/airmod/airmodcontent2

Don't overwrite your old hud.x but give this version a try. It has different animations/feel to it and if your using an AirMod spec. mod like PBUM,PG,etc you will have three attack animations which cycle randomly and the autofire is removed.
DocSpoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 17:18 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 22:46
Thanks for the help. :3

EDIT: When I started the game, all my entities were at spawn walking through stuff. That's probably because of my botched up scripting, but the hand models won't show with the fix in place.

Edit2: And I didn't make backups, like an idiot.
Edit3: Got the old hands back, and am experiencing a bug with the reload sounds. Deleting the Reload.wav.

Deleted it, it's still haunting me.
Deleted dryfire.wav, the beast is dead.

I just switched to the knuckles swep in the end. It has all I need. :3

Bloodshot eyes since 1995.
Can't build game? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143035&b=24

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:17:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:17:39