Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Free Website Requests

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone, I have been making websites for a while now, and I wanted to share my services with you free of charge. You may think that this has nothing to do with FPSC, but I'm only making sites for people that are using it to upload there work, be it an fpsc game or a 3d model collection that is fpsc ready, into an online portfolio.

The site below is a site I made in around 20 minutes, so it's not great, but this will show you what I can make in such a short amount of time.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 00:00 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 00:02
Great Idea , But wrong board I suppose ....
EDIT : Sorry , I thought it was scripts board

"I am the night visitor when everyone is sleep , and when the last light fades"
The illusionest
gibson543
Years of Service
User Offline
anyone have any requests?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 14:36 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 14:37
Sorry but looking at the site above it seems you have a long way to go before you can start offering your services making sites, im nto saying this to be mean but that site seems from the image you have show to totally ignore loads of web standards conditions.

The text is either an image which is genrally bad practice to make the page text an image. Or it is text which is using a font that isnt standard on all PC's meaning when someone trys to use this on a MAC or antoehr browser the text wont display correctly.

Also as a tip for the future always give a live web preview of your work when givign examples this is important so the user can browse the site and can check your source to see formatting and web compliance and so on. Dont show a site that you made in 20mins as an example of your work as no one can see what your really capable of and wont take you seriousif you say you just knocked it up in 20 mins, take your time and make a lasting impression.

None of that is meat to be mean or as an attack just giving feedback on what i can see from that image it is onyl one and things may be much different on a live site.

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2009 23:12
I have been building sites for a long time. You need to work at it some more but don't give up, you only get better with practice. There are a bunch of free tutorials out there to teach you. I use Dreamweaver as my editor. Pricy but you can find an HTML editor cheap or even free. I think CoffeeCup has a free one out but I am not sure.

What did you use to make that? I never learned HTML I just played with my HTML editor in split screen mode. I had the top 1/3 as code view and the bottom 2/3 as design view.

I don't think I have an HTML site up now. I have been getting into Wordpress blogs.

There is a lot to learn, you can do a lot with tables. tone down your text. It should be about the size here. Keep practicing, use templates or make your own. In dreamweaver you can set up a page template so your site has one look.

This probably isn't the right forum for this but it is a nice thing that you want to build sites for the community for free and that is a good way for you to get in the practice and get better if you get any takers!

I know a lot about this because I have been trying my hand at Internet Marketing for the past few years and got pretty good at building sites.

Dragonslayer
gibson543
Years of Service
User Offline
i made it using bluevoda

Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 15:07 Edited at: 8th Nov 2009 15:10
heres mine i made in about an hour, this is what you should aim at for about an hours work

http://bioengineer.webs.com/

I love Cheese; It Fills Me With Glees,
My Tastebuds it please; oh yes, i love cheese.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 15:35
impressive , I only spend about 10 mins on it cause im too lazy

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
gibson543
Years of Service
User Offline
@ocho geek. cool! that's rlly good. But.... no one is making requests lol

gibson543